- 9 hrs ago High Note Performance To Import S&S Exhausts For Royal Enfield 650 Twins
- 10 hrs ago Mahindra Launches All New Bolero Camper Gold ZX — Still Trying To Be A Truck
- 10 hrs ago Isuzu V Cross Facelift Features 20 New Upgrades — Updates, Upgrades, And Prices
- 10 hrs ago Kawasaki Z250 Discontinued — Officially Removed From Company Website
- Movies Kabir Singh Movie Review: Shahid Kapoor Flies High In This 'Trippy' Unabashed Love Story!
- Technology Asus 6Z Vs Other Premium Smartphones Under Rs 40,000
- News International Yoga Day 2019: Ranchi decked up, Modi to perform Asanas with 35,000 people
- Sports 23-member squad for Junior Asian Championship announced
- Finance NCLT Admits Insolvency Plea Against Jet Airways
- Lifestyle International Day Of Yoga 2019: 10 Yoga Poses To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- Education CHSE Result 2019: Steps To Check Odisha +2 Result For Arts And Commerce Streams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Kia Motors India first showcased their SP Concept SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo. The Korea based auto manufacturer plans to launch the SUV in India soon, and it will in all likeness be called the Kia Tusker. A test vehicle of the Kia SP2i was spotted recently.
Although the vehicle that was spotted is covered with black cladding, some details are visible. The spy shots show that the SP SUV will get split LED headlamps and DRLs as well. The wheels on the test vehicle are steel rims which point out that the vehicle is a base or mid variant.
The Kia SP2i SUV will feature discs brakes on all wheel in the top variant but the lower variants might feature drum brakes at the rear. In addition the test vehicle appears to have roof rails. The overall styling of the vehicle remains close to the SP concept that was showcased earlier.
The Kia SP2i SUV will be powered by all new 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol and diesel engines. The engines are likely to be BS-VI compliant. Transmission option are likely to be 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatics.
The Kia SP2i is expected to to feature a lot of interior creature comforts like a large touchscreen infotainment system, Android Play and Apply CarPlay Connectivity, in-built navigation, automatic climate control, a fully digital instrument cluster, ISOFIX child seat anchors, and multiple driving mode.
The Kia SP2i SUV may arrive in a 7-seater option as well because the same platform will be featured on the 7-seater Hyundai Creta. Also, both vehicles may share the same power-trains. Once launched, the SP2i SUV will take on the Hyundai Creta, the Nissan Kicks and the Renault Duster.
The Kia SP2i SUV is expected to be launched during the second half of 2019.
Thoughts About The Kia SP2i SUV That Was Spotted
The Kia SUV is expected to do well considering it's parent company Hyundai is one of the top manufacturers in India. Hyundai will offer a lot of support to Kia via it's well established network in the country. All we can do now, is wait and watch.