- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 2 days ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 4 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Technology Reasons That Made Apple AirPods 'Product Of The Decade' Over iPhones
- Sports Australia vs New Zealand, 1st Test: Preview, Dream11 prediction, team news, where to watch
- News Newborn boy found dumped near drain, hospitalised in Thane
- Finance Bharat Bond ETF Issue Opens On Dec 12: Should You Invest?
- Lifestyle On Virat Kohli And Anushka Sharma's Anniversary, Their Wedding Wardrobe Decoded
- Movies Viral Bollywood Photos Of 2019: From Bollywood's Selfie Moment With PM Modi To Taimur's Yoga Picture
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
The Kia Seltos is the first product from the South Korean brand in the Indian market. The Seltos SUV had its global premiere in India back in June 2019. The SUV is in October 2019 became the best-selling product in the segment. Now in November 2019, the Seltos has managed to retain the crown yet again, outpacing all its rivals in the country.
The company also announced that since the launch of the Seltos in India, Kia Motors has delivered 40,000 units of the SUV to its customers.
The company has received over 86,840 bookings for the Kia Seltos till date, with the top-spec DCT and diesel Auto being the most sought after variants.
Kia has also announced that they are ramping up production of the two popular trims to help reduce the waiting period for its customers. The Kia Seltos is offered with a starting price of Rs 9.69 lakh while the top-spec variant comes priced at Rs 16.99 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Mr Manohar Bhat, VP & Head of Sales and Marketing, Kia Motors India, said:
"We are ecstatic to witness the tremendous responses for Seltos which is now leading the UV segment. The 100 day-journey of Kia Seltos has been nothing short of a delightful ride. This is a true testament to positive growth and the trust that consumers have shown for us. We will continue to grow and surprise the country with Seltos and our upcoming products."
The Kia Seltos is offered with three engine options: two petrol and one diesel. This includes 1.5-litre petrol producing 115bhp and 141Nm of torque and a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol churning out 140bhp and 242Nm of torque.
The lone 1.5-litre diesel produces 115bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. All three engines are mated to a six-speed manual gearbox, each with a different automatic transmission option. This includes a CVT for the 1.5-litre petrol, IVT for the 1.5-litre diesel and a seven-speed DCT for the 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine.
The Kia Seltos is offered with two main trims: Tech-Line and GT-Line. Each of these trims is further offered in a range of variants. All variants of the Kia Seltos come packed with features, including a host of first-in-segment and best-in-class equipment as well.
Thoughts On The Kia Seltos Sales In India
The Kia Seltos in four months since its launch has become the most popular car in the Indian market. The Kia Seltos sales have overtaken even the likes of the Maruti Vitara Brezza and the Hyundai Venue, which are a segment below the SUV and more affordable as well.
Positioned in the mid-size SUV segment, the Kia Seltos rivals the likes of the Hyundai Creta, MG Hector and the Tata Harrier in the Indian market.