- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 8 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 9 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Kia has launched the much-awaited Seltos SUV in the Indian market. The Kia Seltos has already received over 32,000 unit of bookings in the Indian market, with deliveries having begun since its launch.
The Seltos SUV is available in two main trims: Tech-Line and GT-Line which is further divided into a total of 16 variants; depending on the engine spec and transmission options - here is a break-up of the variant list and the variant-wise features of the Kia Seltos.
All the variants, however, come loaded with features, including a number of segment-firsts, best-in-class and even world-first equipments. Here are the top-five features available on the Kia Seltos SUV:
UVO Connected App
The UVO Connect feature on the Kia Seltos is the brand's proprietary ‘connected car' technology. The ‘UVO' according to Kia stands for ‘Your Voice'.
Apart from the standard infotainment features on offer, the UVO app provides an additional 37 functionalities as well. This includes features such as live vehicle status, geofencing, live vehicle location, voice commands, remote access to the air-conditioner, auto vehicle diagnostics, vehicle health alerts, 24x7 emergency assistance and a bunch of others.
The UVO Connect technology also comes with a host of driver focussed functionalities as well. This again includes live traffic data, driving behaviour, trip information, in-built navigation, voice command assist and a bunch of others as well.
The Seltos is a feature-rich SUV and have a lot to talk about in the segment first features. The Kia Seltos comes equipped with an 8-inch (HUD) Head-Up Display to keep the drivers' vision focused. It also has a 10.25-inch HD touchscreen infotainment system with Navigation. The blind-spot monitoring system on the Kia Seltos will make sure you have a clear vision while changing lanes.
The Kia Seltos also offers a world's first ‘Smart Pure Air Purifier', which helps in keeping the air inside the cabin fresh while also offering a range of fragrances as well. The top-spec variant of the Seltos also come with Ventilated front seats, offering additional comfort for the driver and front passenger. It also offers rear sunshade for the rear passenger windows, providing comfort for the passengers in the second-row as well.
With UVO connect you can make the car dance to your tunes. Speaking of which, the Seltos come with BOSE surround sound system with 8-speakers. The SUV also comes with LED sound and mood lights, along with ambient lighting as well. To top it off, it will come with wireless charging for your smartphone.
Safety On Offer
Kia Seltos are equipped with (ABS) Anti-lock Brake System, (EBD) Electronic Brake-force Distribution, Dual Airbags on the front and Disc brakes on four wheels as standard across variants. It is also equipped with the blind spot monitoring, a reverse parking sensor, a 360-degree camera which make the Seltos safer.
It also has (ESC) Electronic Stability Control, (VSM) Vehicle Stability Management, Hill-Hold Assist, High Structural Safety (AHSS and HSS) ISOFIX child seat anchors. And talking about safety there is a 24-hour call center who are ready to assist you in case of emergency. Now the benchmark for safety has been rewritten in the segment with the Kia Seltos.
Engine & Transmission Options
The Kia Seltos will be available in a range of three engine options:
- 1.5-litre petrol engine, 115bhp, 144Nm torque
- 1.5-litre diesel engine, 115bhp, 250Nm torque
- 1.4-litre T-GDI petrol engine, 140bhp, 242Nm torque
The 1.4-litre T-GDI engine is only offered on the GT line trim. All three engines are compliant with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms of April 2020.
All engine options on the Kia Seltos comes with impressive levels of performance - here is the top speed, acceleration, mileage and all other details of the newly-launched Kia Seltos.
The Seltos comes standard with a six-speed manual transmission across the line-up. Kia also offers the SUV with three automatic transmission which is a segment-first.
- The 1.5-litre diesel engine is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission (AT)
- The 1.5-litre petrol engine is mated to a six-speed IVT
- The 1.4-litre T-GDI petrol engine is mated to a seven-speed DCT
We recently had the opportunity to drive the striking Kia Seltos. We were quite amazed with SUVs performance - here is our detailed review of the Kia Seltos.
Pricing for this feature-loaded SUV starts at Rs 9.69 lakh while the top-spec variant is priced at Rs 15.99 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India). The company has managed to undercut most of its rivals in the mid-size SUV segment with an aggressive pricing.
Positioned in the highly competitive mid-size SUV segment, the Kia Seltos will take on the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Tata Harrier, Mahindra XUV500, MG Hector, Jeep Compass and the Nissan Kicks.
In addition to this the Kia Seltos is offered in a range of colours.The single-tone colour will include Red, Orange, Glacier White, Clear White, Grey, Silver, Blue and Black. Similarly, the dual-tone options on the SUV include Red/Black, Glacier White/Black, Silver/Black and Glacier White/Orange.
Thoughts On The Kia Seltos India Launch
That's right! I am as mesmerized as you are looking at the Seltos. A new benchmark has been set for the mid-size SUV segment. Kia has clearly made its presence felt in India with the launch of the Seltos. With 16 different variants on offer, how would one choose would be the question.