- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 13 hrs ago MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- Sports Shubman Gill of Kolkata Knight Riders reveals secret of his batting success; Karthik, Morgan astonished
- News Congress no-confidence motion against Yediyurappa govt defeated
- Movies Tovino Thomas & Aishwarya Lekshmi To Team Up For Manu Ashokan's Kaanekkane
- Lifestyle Everything You Need To Know About The Buddhist Diet
- Technology Google Pixel 5 Launch Date Delayed: Will Now Make A Debut In October
- Finance 3 Ways To Play The Gold Theme As It Will Bounce Back
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Korean auto giant Kia Motors launched the Seltos in August this year and the SUV has been setting records since. Launched at a starting price of Rs 9.69 lakh, the Seltos has set another milestone by achieving 50,000 in less than two months since its launch.
The Seltos racked up 32,000 bookings before it was launched and the SUV appears to be high demand. The vehicle is available in a range of three BS-VI compliant engine options. There's a 1.5-litre petrol, a 1.5-litre diesel, and a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol in the offering.
Both the 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines produce 115Bhp of power and 250Nm & 350Nm of torque respectively. The 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine produces 138bhp of power and 242Nm of torque.
All engines comes mated to a standard six-speed manual transmission, and a choice of three automatic transmissions - CVT for the 1.5-litre petrol, IVT for the 1.5-litre diesel, and a seven-speed DCT for the 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine. To know more about the top speed and performance of the Seltos, click here.
The Seltos comes loaded with features. The SUV gets a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, ambient mood lighting, push-button start and stop, wireless charging, ventilated seats, an eight-way electronically adjustable drivers seat, an 8.0-inch HUD, and auto cruise control, to name a few.
Safety features on the Seltos include side and curtain airbags, hill-hold assist, a blind-view monitor, vehicle stability management system, a tyre pressure management system, and also offers a number of driving modes.
The Kia Seltos is currently priced between Rs 9.69 lakh and Rs 16.99 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Kia manufactures the Seltos locally at its Anantapur facility, and is in the process of upgrading the facility to meet demand. There is a waiting period of between three and six weeks for the SUV (commendable considering the high demand to the Seltos).
Kia Motors recently announced that the Anantapur facility will start working a second shift in order to keep up with production requirements. The company intends to export the Seltos to foreign markets but will do so after it meets demands of the domestic markets.
Thoughts About The Seltos Achieving The 50,000 Bookings Mark
Yet another record for the Korean Manufacturer. Kia Motors once said they were ready for anything the domestic market throws at them and they we spot on. To hit 50,000 in booking numbers and still keep the waiting period at a minimum is a big achievement. Kudos to the entire team at Kia Motors. The Koreans are not here to compete, they seem to here to take over.