- 5 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 6 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 8 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- News PM responds to Imran Khan's tweet, says always 'given primacy to peace and development'
- Lifestyle Nargis Fakhri Looks So Fresh And Fab In Her Black And White Dress
- Sports Neymar, Mbappe could leave PSG, hints Tuchel
- Movies When Prabhas Talked About Anushka Shetty’s Star Power Even Before Baahubali!
- Technology Redmi K20 series price leaks ahead of launch
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Kia Motor India is all set to launch their first car in the Indian market, sometime in mid-2019. The first car from Kia Motors has been confirmed to be the SP Concept, which is based on the Hyundai Creta. The Kia SP Concept was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo.
Ahead of its launch in the Indian market, Kia Motors is currently working on setting up its dealership networks in the country. Now Rushlane has received images of the first Kia dealerships in Noida. The dealership networks will assist the company with sales, after sales and service.
Kia Motors have already announced their plans for the Indian market. The Korean company plans to introduce a new product every six months, starting with the SP Concept. Other products expected from the brand, include entry-level hatchbacks, sedans and MPVs.
Kia Motors will locally assemble the products in their manufacturing plant in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. The plant is in its final stages of completion and is expected to start production by August 2019.
The production plant covers a total of 540 acres and will have a production capacity of 3,00,000 units per year, creating employment for over 10,000 people. We recently got a chance to visit the Kia Motor India facility in Anantpur - read about our factory visit here.
Apart from the plant, Kia Motor India also plans to set up a total of 70 dealerships across the country. The company also plans to establish itself in Tier-IV cities and hope to have the largest dealership network compared to any new manufacturer in India.
During our visit to the Kia Motor plant, we got a chance to drive the Kia Carnival MPV. Although Kia hasn't announced any specific models apart from the SP Concept, we can expect it to bring the Carnival to rival the Toyota Innova Crysta.
Thoughts On The Kia Motor Dealership In India
Kia will first introduce the Hyundai Creta based SP Concept in the Indian market. The Kia Carnival is the flagship product from the Korean carmaker and is more premium and larger than the Toyota Innova Crysta. Once launched in the Indian market, the SP Concept will rival the likes of the Jeep Compass and the Mahindra XUV 500.