- 1 hr ago Tesla Likely To Establish A Research Centre In Bengaluru: Read More To Find Out
- 16 hrs ago MG Hector Dual-Tone Variant Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.84 Lakh
- 18 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Limited Time Subscription Offer Introduced During Festive Season
- 19 hrs ago MG Gloster Off-Road Capabilities Showcased Ahead Of Launch: Video & Other Details
- Movies Deepika Padukone's Manager, KWAN Talent Agency CEO Summoned By NCB In Drug Probe: Report
- News Coronavirus outbreak: India's COVID-19 count crosses 55 lakhs with spike of 75,083 new cases
- Sports Original 9, Hewitt, Raymond among nominees for Tennis Hall of Fame
- Finance Stocks In News On September 22, 2020
- Technology Realme Narzo 20: The Good, The Bad, The X Factor
- Lifestyle Excited For Bigg Boss 14? Well, Gauahar Khan’s Powder Blue Gown From The Promo Will Excite You More!
- Education CBSE Class 12 Compartment Exam Date 2020 Schedule
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Kia Motors has been testing the Kia Carnival in the country for roughly a month now. Spy pics of the all-new Carnival reveal some details of the vehicle.
Spy pics taken by Powerdrift reveal that the soon-to-be launched Kia Carnival features sleek looking wrap-around LED taillights, the Kia badging in between the taillights, a chrome highlight, and a body coloured rear bumper.
Spy pics of the side of the Kia Carnival do not reveal much, the car does have some shoulder lines across the body, and fairly large wheel archs. They also show what look like machined 18-inch alloy wheels. (18-inch wheels are available as an optional, 17-inch wheels are offered as standard).
The Kia Carnival is a five-door MPV and is offered with seven-seat, eight-seat, and eleven-seat configurations in foreign markets. There are high chances that the Carnival will be offered with seven-seat and eight seat configurations in the Indian markets.
The seven-seat variant features captain seats in the middle row, and also feature retractable footrests.
The Carnival MPV is available with multiple engine options in foreign markets. Rumor has it that only the 2.2-litre, 200bhp engine will be available in India. This engine is mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox for foreign markets. Kia Motors may consider offering the automatic as well a manual transmission unit in India.
Since the Kia Carnival will compete with the Toyota Innova, we expect the MPV to be priced roughly between Rs 16 lakh and Rs 25.5 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
While the projected prices are higher than what the Innova retails at, the Carnival is larger and offers more cabin space, three-zone climate control, dual sunroof, multiple USB ports, front & curtain airbags, and a lot more.
Kia Motors recently launched the Seltos SUV. The all-new SUV has created new sales & booking records for its segment, and the company has started its first lot of customer deliveries.
Thoughts About The Kia Carnival
The Carnival looks almost like a re-badged Toyota Innova. Having said that, we're sure Kia will load the MPV with as many features as the Seltos has. In fact, we expect a more comfortable and luxurious cabin. We wonder if the Carnival will do as well as the Seltos and cement Kia's status as a formidable brand.