- 8 hrs ago High Note Performance To Import S&S Exhausts For Royal Enfield 650 Twins
- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Launches All New Bolero Camper Gold ZX — Still Trying To Be A Truck
- 9 hrs ago Isuzu V Cross Facelift Features 20 New Upgrades — Updates, Upgrades, And Prices
- 9 hrs ago Kawasaki Z250 Discontinued — Officially Removed From Company Website
- News International Yoga Day 2019: Ranchi decked up, Modi to perform Asanas with 35,000 people
- Sports 23-member squad for Junior Asian Championship announced
- Movies Kabir Singh Movie Review: Live Audience Reaction - Netizens HAIL Shahid Kapoor
- Finance NCLT Admits Insolvency Plea Against Jet Airways
- Lifestyle International Day Of Yoga 2019: 10 Yoga Poses To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- Technology Infinix Hot7Pro Up For Sale With Launch Offer – All You Need To Know
- Education CHSE Result 2019: Steps To Check Odisha +2 Result For Arts And Commerce Streams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The 2019 Jeep Wrangler is set to be launched in India soon, and has been spotted during testing many times. The Unlimited and the Sahara Trims have been spotted while testing and now spy shots reveal that the top-of-the-line Rubicon trim has been seen. The fourth generation Jeep Wrangler Rubicon was seen sans camouflage outside a Jeep dealership. The vehicle was in its 3-door guise.
Jeep is know for it's off-road capabilities, and the Wrangler models sit right at the top. While the Rubicon trim looks like like the other Jeep Wrangler variants, it is the most off-road dedicated of three. The 3-door version of the Rubicon that was seen sported ARAI stickers, confirming that it is on test.
According to ZigWheels, The box style and brutish design has been carried over through multiple generations, and the latest JL generation Wrangler has the same DNA. Jeep has made subtle changes to the off-road SUV. The vehicle now features LED headlamps, redesigned bumpers and alloy wheels. The rear section is also redesigned and features a beefy bumper with LED tail lamps.
The spied Wrangler Rubicon also has 'Rubicon' decals on the hood, and off-road tyres with threatening tread patterns. While the interiors of the vehicle are still to be seen, the new Wrangler that is retailed in foreign markets features an LCD instrument cluster, dual-zone climate control and a touchscreen infotainment system integrated with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
The best parts of the Wrangler Rubicon however are under the rugged body. The SUV has an approach angle of 44 degrees, and break-over and departure angles of 27.8 and 37 degrees respectively. Ground clearance of the new Jeep Wrangler stands at 276mm, and water-wading depth is an impressive 762mm.
The Rubicon variant gets additional off-road features over the other trims. It features a Rock-Trac 4×4 system, front and rear locking differentials, Dana 44 heavy-duty axles, and a front sway bar disconnect system.
Expectations for the heart of the new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon are a 3.0-litre V6 diesel that produces out 259bhp of power and 600Nm of torque, and a 3.6-litre V6 petrol engine that produces 285bhp of power and 325Nm of torque. Both engines are likely to feature an 8-speed automatic transmission.
Jeep has been in India for roughly three years. The Jeep Compass is has been their most popular model. The company is planning to increase it's portfolio and is focused on launching the Compass Trailhawk soon. The fourth generation Wrangler is expected to launch during the second half of 2019. Jeep may launch the Sahara and Unlimited trims first, and then launch the Rubicon.
The fourth generation Jeep Wrangler is expected to be priced at a premium over the current models that retail between Rs 58.74 lakh and Rs 67.60 lakh ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon That Was Spotted
One really can't point out too many differences unless the effort of a 'closer look' is put in. The new Wrangler Rubicon looks mean, aggressive and ready for absolutely anything. It's great that Jeep is here is India but we're trying to figure out why the country needs a dedicated off-road SUV when most folk buy the vehicle for two reasons — show off factor, and obviously as a luxury vehicle considering it's price tag.
The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is named after the Rubicon Trail in California, which is one of the toughest off-road trials in the United States.