- 15 min ago Indian Car Market Shares 2019 — Hyundai & Mahindra Grow As Maruti Suzuki’s Shares Decline
- 1 hr ago 2020 BS-VI Royal Enfield Thunderbird Spotted Testing — Features Relaxed Riding Position
- 15 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 16 hrs ago First Jawa Bike With Chassis 001 Sold For Rs 45 Lakh — Other Motorcycles For The Same Price
- News UN chief saddened by loss of life, destruction due to heavy rains in India
- Movies INTERESTING! Yash Reveals Mani Ratnam’s Wife Suhasini Helped Him Pick Script For Radhika's Film
- Finance Vakrangee To Set Up Electric Vehicle Charging Points Across India
- Technology Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus Announced With Improved Gaming Performance
- Sports England's first cricket World Cup victory is as controversial as its only football title
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
- Lifestyle 12 Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Skin Tags
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Jeep India has launched the Compass Trailhawk in the Indian market. The Jeep Compass Trailhawk is priced at Rs 26.8 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The Trailhawk is now the new range-topping variant in the Compass SUV lineup in the Indian market.
The Jeep Compass Trailhawk is the most rugged and off-road capable variant. It comes with a 'Trail-Rated' badging, which certifies it for extreme off-roading. The Compass Trailhawk sits at a premium of Rs 3.69 lakh over the 'Limited Plus' variant, priced at Rs 23.11 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The Jeep Compass Trailhawk offers a number of differences between the standard model and itself. The Trailhawk variant comes with redesigned bumpers, higher ground clearance, better underbody protection and an anti-glare black decal on the bonnet.
The redesigned front and rear bumpers allow for a better approach, departure and break-over angles. The underbody now gets four skid plates instead of two, for better protection during off-roading. Jeep has also increased the ground clearance on the Trailhawk to 205mm; an increase of 27mm compared to the standard.
Inside, the Compass Trailhawk comes with an all-black cabin finished in soft-touch materials while the seat is wrapped in leather upholstery. There are also red accents all around on the instrument cluster, gear lever and sound system. The seats also get red contrast stitching as well.
We recently drove the Jeep Compass Trailhawk and put it to test both at extreme off-roading conditions and on the tarmac — read our detailed review here.
In terms of mechanicals, the Jeep Compass Trailhawk is the first variant in the SUV lineup to receive a BS-VI compliant diesel engine. The engine is the same 2.0-litre unit producing a similar output of 173bhp and 350Nm of torque. It now comes mated to a new nine-speed AT gearbox.
Jeep has also added a new driving mode to the Trailhawk, called the 'Rock' mode. It also now comes with a standard 4x4 drivetrain as well as a 4x4 low range mode. Other interior features include a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, auto stop/start function, keyless entry, panoramic sunroof, hill-start assist, hill-descent control, hill-hold assist, ABS with EBD, traction control, multiple airbags and roll-over mitigation all as standard.
Thoughts On The Jeep Compass Trailhawk
The Jeep Compass Trailhawk is the most rugged off-roader in the SUV's lineup in the Indian market. The 'Trail-Rated' badging is well earned as the off-roading capabilities are extremely on point. The Trailhawk in terms of price rivals the likes of the larger Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour offerings.