- 9 hrs ago Korean Designer Features Hot Water Bath In Car — Where’s The Rest Of The House?
- 9 hrs ago Skoda India Just Rolled Out Its One Hundred Thousandth Rapid — We’re On A Roll!
- 9 hrs ago Weirdest Things Brought To Car Test Drives Includes Snakes & A Horse — Here’s The List
- 10 hrs ago Kia Motors To Officially Unveil The Seltos Tomorrow — Ready For A Power Surprise?
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Pant cleared to join India squad at World Cup after Dhawan blow
- News ED arrests two former IL&FS executives in PMLA probe
- Movies DISTURBING! Hrithik Roshan's Sister Sunaina Says, 'My Father SLAPPED Me Because I Love A Muslim Guy'
- Lifestyle International Yoga Day: How To Lose Weight With Yoga
- Technology Xiaomi Teases The Launch Of Its Mi Electric Shaver In India – All You Need To Know
- Finance Bengaluru Enters Top 10 APAC Cities List For Real Estate FDI
- Education SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019 Released For Tier I Examination
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Bookings for the Jeep Compass Trailhawk have been opened. Jeep India has officially started accepting bookings for the new Trailhawk variant of the Jeep Compass. Buyers can book the new variant at any of the 82 Jeep dealerships across the country by paying a token amount of Rs 50,000.
Jeep India has had the Compass on sale in the Indian market for nearly two years now and the SUV had impressed us mightily when we drove the 4WD variant for the first time back in 2017. But a large majority of Jeep's sales in India have come from the FWD variant owing to the low cost.
This however, did not stop Jeep from selling the 4WD variant. In-fact, Jeep has gone ahead and brought this into our market - Their trail-rated 'Compass Trailhawk' variant. It is essentially the most rugged and most off-road capable version of the Jeep Compass you can buy and is expected to cost around Rs 25 lakh (ex-showroom).
The biggest change up front in terms of design is the new redesigned bumper design that allows the SUV to have a better approach angle. The SUV now comes with four skid plates instead of two.
It sports a dual-tone bonnet with a non-reflective anti-glare black patch on the hood. When viewed from the sides, one's attention is drawn to the new dual-tone 17-inch alloy wheels. While all other variants of the Jeep Compass come with road-biased Firestone Tyres, the Trailhawk comes with Falken All-terrain rubber.
Jeep has raised the height of the SUV and it is quite visible on the side profile as it now gets an additional 27mm of ground clearance. The rear of the SUV comes with a red-coloured tow-hook that is rated for a towing capacity of 1.5 times the Trailhawks weight. The Jeep Compass Trailhawk comes with the trail-rated badges from Jeep which makes it very special.
The Jeep Compass Trailhawk comes with an all-black interior with red accents. The seats come with red double-stitching and the SUV features red-coloured trim surrounding the gear lever, the instrument cluster and the speakers.
The panoramic sunroof is an optional extra on the top-spec trailhawk while it is standard equipment on the Limited Plus. However, keyless entry and go, cruise control and a 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay all come as standard fitment.
It features a 7.0-inch LCD multi-information display in the instrument cluster. Safety features include side and curtain airbags, ABS with EBD, ESC, Traction Control, hill start assist, hill descent control and electronic parking brake.
The Trailhawk is powered by the same 2.0-litre turbo-diesel engine as in other variants. However, it is now BS-VI emissions norms compliant and pushes out 173bhp at 3,750rpm and 350Nm of peak torque between 1,750 and 2,500rpm. Jeep's 9-speed automatic transmission mated to a low-ratio gearbox debuts in the Trailhawk.
Thoughts On Jeep Compass Trailhawk Bookings Being Opened
The Trailhawk is the most radical variant of the Jeep Compass and also the most expensive. Jeep hasn't revealed prices yet, but the bookings being opened is a sign that we are closer to the launch than ever before.