- 6 hrs ago Citroen CC21 Compact-SUV Spied Testing In Bangalore Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 6 hrs ago Renault Kiger Waiting Period Increases: 16-Week Waiting Period For The Small SUV
- 11 hrs ago New Kia Cars Finance Offers Announced In India In July 2021: Partners With ICICI & Yes Banks
- 14 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta Price Increase Announced: 2 Percent Price Hike Effective From August
- Technology Friendship Day Gift Ideas: Budget Smartphones Gift Your Best Friend
- Movies Bigg Boss OTT: Neha Bhasin Is The First Contestant Of Karan Johar’s Show; Watch Promo
- News PM Modi to address IPS probationers on July 31 via video conferencing
- Sports Tokyo 2020 Olympics: Highlights, Day 7
- Finance 2 Stocks To Buy By ICICI Direct For Gains Up To 14%
- Education CBSE 12th Marksheet: How To Download CBSE 12th Marksheet Online?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
- Lifestyle Food Combinations That Are Bad For Your Kid's Health
Jeep Compass PHEV unveiled at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show. Jeep has showcased their first PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) version of the Compass SUV at the Geneva Motor Show. Jeep calls their technology eAWD and will be available on both, the Compass and the Renegade SUVs.
The Jeep Compass PHEV will be based on the India-bound Trailhawk edition. It will be powered by an all-new 1.3-litre turbocharged-petrol engine mated to an electric motor to produce a total power output of 240bhp.
The electric motor on the Jeep Compass PHEV will offer an electric-only driving range of 50km while CO2 emission claims to be less than 50g/km. The top-speed of the Compass PHEV in electric-only mode is said to be 130km/h and a 0 - 100km/h timing under 7 seconds.
According to Jeep, the petrol engine will drive the front wheels while the electric motor drives the rear. There will also be no physical connection between the two axles, offering improved off-road performance. The set up will also provide better torque control to each individual wheel at low speeds.
There is no mention of Jeep bringing the Compass PHEV to India. Jeep India currently sells the standard variant of the Compass in India as is scheduled to bring in the range-topping Trailhawk version soon.
The India-spec Jeep compass is powered by two engine options; one petrol and one diesel. The 1.4-litre petrol produces 160bhp and 250Nm of peak torque while the 2.0-litre diesel churns out 171bhp and 350 Nm of torque.
The petrol engine is mated to a seven-speed automatic gearbox as standard; the base 'Sport' variant is available with a six-speed manual gearbox as well. The diesel versions, on the other hand, comes mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, without the option of an automatic.
Available in five trims — Sport, Longitude, Limited, Limited (O) and Limited Plus. All of which, are available with a number of features and equipment as standard. Prices for the base 'Sport' variant starts from Rs 15.28 lakh and goes all the way up to Rs 22.90 lakh for the top-spec 'Limited Plus' diesel variant. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The Jeep Compass PHEV
The Jeep Compass PHEV is one of the first plug-in hybrid models from the American car manufacturer. Although, there is no news of Jeep bringing in this model to the Indian market, yet, the brand will bring in the standard version of the Trailhawk soon. The Jeep Compass in India rivals the likes of the Hyundai Creta and the recently launched Tata Harrier.