- 5 hrs ago Brand New Jawa Motorcycle Shows Rust On Wheel Rim And Exhaust: Customer Takes To Social Media
- 5 hrs ago Kia Seltos Variants Explained: Which Is The Best Model To Buy?
- 10 hrs ago Kia Seltos Gets A Custom Twitter Icon On Launch Day: Seltos Launched At Rs 9.69 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Kia Seltos Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 9.69 Lakh
- Sports No point shortlisting Jonty Rhodes if he isn't first choice, MSK Prasad makes it clear
- Movies Satte Pe Satta Remake: Anushka Sharma Replaces Deepika Padukone In This Hrithik Roshan Starrer?
- News Modi in France: PM calls on President Macron, welcomed warmly by Indian community
- Technology NASA Spitzer Telescope Locates First Planet Without Atmosphere Orbiting Red Dwarf
- Finance 5 Factors That Caused Mayhem In Indian Markets Today
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day Two: Mrunal Thakur Gives Sangeet Ceremony Goals With Her Understated Attire
- Education GPAT 2020 Will Be Held On January 24, Check Important Dates
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Jeep recently launched a diesel automatic variant of the Compass called the Compass Trailhawk. This variant of Jeep's smallest SUV offering in the country is priced at a Rs 3.7 lakh premium over the Compass Limited Plus.
Jeep understood that this pricing disappointed a lot of folk who were looking forward to a diesel automatic from the company. This situation however, is about to change
Jeep is in the process of making the BS-VI compliant 2.0-litre diesel engine and the nine-speed torque converter automatic available on the lower-spec and mid-spec variants of the standard Jeep Compass. The engine produces 173bhp of power and 350Nm of torque.
In addition, the company revealed that the Jeep Compass diesel automatic will be available only with a front wheel drive. Jeep's 4X4 system will most likely not feature on the upgraded low and mid-spec variants in order to keeps costs low.
There is speculation that Jeep will not offer the diesel automatic configuration with the Compass Limited Plus variant as it could be priced fairly close to the Trailhawk.
Once upgraded and launched, the low and mid-spec variants will compete with the Mahindra XUV500 the retails between Rs 15.32 and Rs18.45 lakh, the Volkswagen Tiguan that retails between Rs 28.07 and Rs 31.46 lakh, and the Hyundai Tucson that retails between Rs 23.62 and Rs 26.95 lakh.
In related news, Jeep has confirmed that a seven-seater flagship SUV will be launched in India some time during 2020-21. The seven-seater will be based on the Compass, and will be manufactured at the company's Pune facility.
This seven-seater will be positioned above the Compass, and is part of Jeep's plan to make the brand a premium name in the country. To know more about the seven-seater Compass-based SUV, click here.
Thoughts About Affordable Jeep Compass Variants
We have mentioned many times over the past, the biggest ace in the sleeve for any manufacturer and brand in India is pricing. Price the product right and the Indian customer will love you.
This is a very smart move by Jeep, who is also India's most trusted four-wheeler brand. Offering products at lower prices will result in m ore sales for the company. We guess part Trump's economic war is taking over the SUV market in India.