- 14 min ago Lamborghini Huracan EVO RWD India Launch Date Confirmed For 29th Of January
- 58 min ago Dakar 2020 Stage 11 Highlights: Harith Noah Finishes Well
- 1 hr ago Honda Activa 6G: Top Things To Know About The Latest Iteration Of India’s Best-Selling Scooter
- 17 hrs ago Audi All Set To Launch The New A8 L In India On February 2020
- Movies Indian Idol 11: Sexual Harassment Case Against Anu Malik Closed Due To Lack Of Evidence
- Technology ISRO GSAT-30 Communication Satellite Launched Successfully Onboard Ariane 5 Launch Vehicle
- News Nirbhaya: Mukesh’s mercy plea sent to President, Asha Devi slams BJP-AAP blame game over delay
- Sports Much at stake in Leganes vs Getafe South Madrid derby
- Finance Reliance Jio Is Now The Biggest Telco By Subscriber Base, Market Share
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif And Shah Rukh Khan Make A Fashionable Entry At Ali Abbas Zafar's Birthday Bash
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Jeep India was said to be working on introducing a seven-seater version of their Compass SUV in the Indian market soon. According to previous reports, the seven-seater Jeep Compass SUV was expected to go on sale in India in 2020. However, Autocar India now reports, that the launch of the Jeep Compass 7-seater SUV has been delayed.
The report suggests that the launch of the Jeep Compass seven-seater SUV has been pushed to 2021. This is to allow the brand to prioritise the introduction of the Compass facelift for the Indian market. The new Jeep Compass facelift is expected to go on sale in 2020.
The new Jeep Compass facelift model will come with a host of fresh updates. This includes sheet metal changes, refreshed cabin space, updated dashboard and a host of added equipment.
Apart from the updates to the design, Jeep will also introduce the BS6-compliant engine on the Compass SUV. Currently, the top-spec Compass Trailhawk is the only model in the range to receive a BS-VI compliant engine. This engine will be carried forward to the lower models as well.
The BS-VI compliant unit on the Jeep Compass Trailhawk includes the 2.0-litre diesel unit, churning out the same 173bhp and 350Nm of torque as the current engine. This is mated to a DCT automatic transmission. Lower variants of the Jeep Compass diesel come with a standard six-speed manual gearbox.
Jeep also offers the Compass SUV with a 1.4-litre petrol engine. This produces 140bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. The engine is further mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed automatic as optional.
The seven-seater Jeep Compass upon launch in 2021, will be based on the updated Jeep Compass facelift. The seven-seater version of the SUV, codenamed ‘Low-D', will also feature additional equipment, making it more premium than its five-seater sibling.
The seven-seater Compass SUV will also be priced at a higher range. The five-seater Compass is currently priced at Rs 26 lakh for the top-spec, Trailhawk variant. This translates to a starting price estimate of Rs 30 lakh for the seven-seater model. All prices are ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The Jeep Compass Seven-Seater SUV
The Jeep Compass seven-seater SUV will hope to carry forward the success of its smaller five-seater sibling. The seven-seater Compass once launched will take on rivals such as the Mahindra Alturas G4, Ford Endeavour, Toyota Fortuner, Skoda Kodiaq and the upcoming Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace.