- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 10 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Jaguar Land Rover is currently developing which will allow Jaguar owners to earn IOTA cryptocurrency in exchange for sharing data.
Jaguar owners will be able to earn cryptocurrency while driving. The British auto giant is testing software that will allow for Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) owners to ear cryptocurrency in exchange for sharing data. The automaker is calling this 'Smart Wallet Technology' and is going to install it in its vehicles after the testing phase is over.
According to Financial Express, owners of vehicles will be able to earn IOTA coins by completing certain tasks or actions. For example, agreeing to share data related to accidents and traffic congestion or road conditions to navigation providers (like Google Maps or Wayz) or to local authorities.
Additionally vehicle owners will be able to earn IOTA coins on the side by participating in a ride sharing program. These coins or tokens can be used to pay tolls, parking charges, and also as payment for charging electric variants. Jaguar Land Rover says the goal of this program is to achieve zero emission, zero accidents, and zero congestion.
Jaguar Land Rover is a subsidiary of Tata Motors, and they are not the only manufacturer looking for and developing blockchain applications. A number of global manufacturers are exploring this technology and looking for ways in which to use them to meet their needs.
The company says they are testing this technology and the new application, at their state-of-the-art engineering base at Shannon, Ireland. JLR has said they have started equipping some of their vehicles with the 'Smart Wallet' technology. Vehicles that feature it are the Jaguar F-Pace and the Range Rover Velar. They also said that they do not know when this tech will be available for commercial use.
The IOTA token is based on a distributed ledger technology that enables people and machines to transfer money and data without any transaction fees. In statement to Reuters, Dominik Schiener, Co-founder, Sifter, and Co-Chairman, IOTA, said, "The smart wallet technology can be easily adapted into all new vehicles . IOTA wants to enable interoperability with all these different players. So there is no Jaguar coin, no BMW coin, but one universal token for this machine economy."
Thoughts About Jaguar Land Rover Helping Customers Earn Cryptocurrency
What a brilliant idea. Earn some currency while you drive, and spend it on parking and toll fees. This is fantastic. Jaguar Land Rover is thinking beyond just the company. Very very cool. While India allows for trading in cryptocurrency, there are no regulations in place. Also one's bank accounts are at risk while trading cryptocurrencies. We wonder if the government will be smart enough to allow this, or if JLR will be smarter and find a way around it. Let's see.