- 2 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 3 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 5 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- News Left, Right, Left Right
- Technology Redmi K20 series price leaks ahead of launch
- Sports Arsenal want to win Europa League for Mkhitaryan, says Mustafi
- Lifestyle Time-restricted Eating For Weight Loss: Is It Effective?
- Movies Sri Reddy Learns That Pawan Kalyan Is No 1; Shocking Deets Inside!
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
British luxury carmaker Jaguar claimed a historic hat-trick of victories at the 2019 World Car of the Year awards which were announced at the New York Auto Show with its I-Pace electric SUV. The Jaguar I-Pace is the first ever car in the 15-year history of the World Car Awards to claim three titles.
The most prestigious of the titles won by the Jaguar I-Pace was the 2019 World Car of the Year Award. The electric I-Pace SUV also claimed the trophy for the World Car Design of the Year. The final trophy claimed by the Jaguar SUV at the World Car awards was the on for the 2019 World Green Car.
The Jaguar I-Pace was introduced as a concept in 2016 and went into production in 2018. The electric Jaguar SUV beat out 39 other nominated cars for the World Car of the Year title. The final three nominees for the World Car of the Year were the Jaguar I-Pace, Audi e-tron, and the Volvo S60/V60. This year's World Car Awards judging panel consisted of 86 motoring journalists from 24 countries.
Reacting to the historic award treble Prof. Dr. Ralf Speth, Chief Executive Officer of Jaguar Land Rover, said, "It is an honour that the Jaguar I-Pace has received these three accolades from the prestigious World Car jurors. We started with an ideal, to move towards our Destination Zero vision; zero emissions, zero accidents and zero congestion. I-Pace is our first step to achieving this, and it was conceived when EVs were little more than a niche choice. So we started from a clean sheet of paper to create a new benchmark - the world's best premium electric vehicle, and a true Jaguar driver's car. For I-Pace to be awarded 2019 World Car of the Year, World Car Design of the Year and World Green Car gives our first all-electric vehicle the ultimate recognition it deserves. I would like to thank the team who have created I-Pace for their passion in making it so outstanding."
Ian Callum, Jaguar's Director of Design had this to say after the I-Pace created history at the World Car Awards, "Designing Jaguar cars is probably the best job in the world, and I can honestly say that no other project I've worked on has been as rewarding as I-Pace. Electric vehicles offer designers unprecedented freedom to rethink the proportions, the profile and the packaging, and it's an opportunity that my team has exploited in full. Winning the 2019 World Car Design of the Year award, as well as World Car of the Year and World Green Car, is true recognition for their achievements."