- 3 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 4 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 5 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 6 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
British luxury carmaker Jaguar claimed a historic hat-trick of victories at the 2019 World Car of the Year awards which were announced at the New York Auto Show with its I-Pace electric SUV. The Jaguar I-Pace is the first ever car in the 15-year history of the World Car Awards to claim three titles.
The most prestigious of the titles won by the Jaguar I-Pace was the 2019 World Car of the Year Award. The electric I-Pace SUV also claimed the trophy for the World Car Design of the Year. The final trophy claimed by the Jaguar SUV at the World Car awards was the on for the 2019 World Green Car.
The Jaguar I-Pace was introduced as a concept in 2016 and went into production in 2018. The electric Jaguar SUV beat out 39 other nominated cars for the World Car of the Year title. The final three nominees for the World Car of the Year were the Jaguar I-Pace, Audi e-tron, and the Volvo S60/V60. This year's World Car Awards judging panel consisted of 86 motoring journalists from 24 countries.
Reacting to the historic award treble Prof. Dr. Ralf Speth, Chief Executive Officer of Jaguar Land Rover, said, "It is an honour that the Jaguar I-Pace has received these three accolades from the prestigious World Car jurors. We started with an ideal, to move towards our Destination Zero vision; zero emissions, zero accidents and zero congestion. I-Pace is our first step to achieving this, and it was conceived when EVs were little more than a niche choice. So we started from a clean sheet of paper to create a new benchmark - the world's best premium electric vehicle, and a true Jaguar driver's car. For I-Pace to be awarded 2019 World Car of the Year, World Car Design of the Year and World Green Car gives our first all-electric vehicle the ultimate recognition it deserves. I would like to thank the team who have created I-Pace for their passion in making it so outstanding."
Ian Callum, Jaguar's Director of Design had this to say after the I-Pace created history at the World Car Awards, "Designing Jaguar cars is probably the best job in the world, and I can honestly say that no other project I've worked on has been as rewarding as I-Pace. Electric vehicles offer designers unprecedented freedom to rethink the proportions, the profile and the packaging, and it's an opportunity that my team has exploited in full. Winning the 2019 World Car Design of the Year award, as well as World Car of the Year and World Green Car, is true recognition for their achievements."