- 12 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India For April 2019 — Hero MotoCorp Receives Stiff Competition From Honda
- 12 hrs ago Ducati Reveals Super Soco CUx Electric Scooter — A Piece Of MotoGP
- 12 hrs ago Royal Enfield 650 Twins Sales Figures Cross 2000 Units A Month
- 13 hrs ago Triumph To Manufacture Electric Motorcycles — Announces Project Triumph TE-1
- Technology ARM breaks up with Huawei: Is this the end of Huawei?
- News Lok Sabha Election Results 2019 LIVE: Who will win 'Game of thrones'? Narendra Modi vs Rahul Gandhi
- Sports England have no margin for error at World Cup, warns Stokes
- Lifestyle 10 Effective Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure Hypotension
- Movies Harshad Chopda & Jennifer Winget Reveal Their Relationship Status & What they Hate About Each Other!
- Education TS Inter Re-verification Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On May 27
- Finance Air India To Add Flights To Domestic And International Routes In June
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Tata Motors has announced that their premium SUV, the Harrier, will be the official partner for the VIVO IPL 2019 season. The Tata Harrier will be showcased in all stadiums, where the IPL matches will be held. The 2019 IPL season marks the second year of association between Tata Motors and BCCI (Board of Cricket Control in India).
The Tata Harrier premium SUV from the Indian carmaker will be showcased in all stadiums. It will also be on display across all matches while also offering on-ground engagement and merchandise as well.
Tata Motors will offer a number of awards as well; both to the fans as well as the players. For the players, Tata Motors will have 'Harrier Super Striker' award, given to the best striker in each match, along with a cash price of Rs 1 Lakh. At the end of the season, the batsmen with the highest strike-rate will get a chance to go home with a brand new Tata Harrier SUV.
For the fans, Tata Motors will have the 'Harrier Fan Catch' awards, which will offer a cash prize of Rs 1 Lakh to anyone who takes a single-handed catch in a match stands. Apart from these fan and player engagements, the Tata Harrier will also be part of the IPL Trophy Tour; being planned across major Indian cities.
Amitabh Choudhary, Acting Secretary of BCCI, said:
"We are excited to continue our partnership with TATA Motors and have their newly launched SUV, Harrier, as the Official Partner of the IPL, 2019. Harrier's exhilarating performance is very akin to the muscle that players put in to have the highest batting strike rate and win the Harrier Super Striker Award every match and for the season. We look forward to delivering great exposure to both the Harrier brand as well as TATA Motors."
Mayank Pareek, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, said:
"After a successful association last year, it is only fitting for Tata Motors that our premium SUV, Harrier, should be the Official Partner of one of the biggest sporting events across the world. Born of legendary pedigree, the Harrier has received a phenomenal response from customers across India."
"Much like the IPL, which is one of the most iconic global cricketing events, and is widely celebrated as a platform for budding talent and international cricket legends, the Harrier too is known for its exhilarating performance and exciting drive. We have elaborate plans to capture the audience's attention in-stadia, on-air and across digital platforms, and hope to drive tremendous value from this association yet again."
The Tata Harrier was launched in India recently. The Harrier premium SUV is part of the brand's new OMEGA platform. It is also the first product to be part of the company's new 'Impact 2.0' design language.
The Tata Harrier is powered by a single 2.0-litre 'Kryotec' diesel engine option. It churns out 140bhp and 350Nm of peak torque and is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. Tata Motors is said to be currently be working on an automatic transmission for the Harrier, which might debut on the upcoming seven-seater SUV, based on the Harrier.
The concept version of the seven-seater Harrier-based SUV (codenamed H7X) will be showcased at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show. It will be among the four new models to have its debut at the event.
Thoughts On The Tata Harrier As The Official Partner For 2019 IPL
The Tata Harrier SUV was launched in India in January 2019. The Harrier SUV was first showcased in its concept version last year, as the H5X. The Tata Harrier SUV comes with a starting price of Rs 12.69 lakh and rivals the likes of the Mahindra XUV500, Hyundai Creta and the Jeep Compass.