- 1 hr ago Honda CBR 650R Sold Out In India: Bookings For The Motorcycle Put On Hold Temporarily
- 2 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India For September 2019: Hero Splendor Continues To Dominate The Market
- 2 hrs ago Hema Malini Brings Home The MG Hector Sharp: An All New Dhanno
- 3 hrs ago Nissan Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Pakistan stops postal mail service from India: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Movies Yash Recounts His Trip To America; Scary Experiences Made Him Return To India!
- Technology Most Trending Smartphones Of Last Week: Google Pixel 4 XL, OnePlus 7T Pro, Redmi Note 8 Pro And More
- Finance Reliance Jio Marginally Cuts Prices Of Some Tariff Packs And Adjusts IUC
- Sports MS Dhoni spotted driving Nissan Jonga on Ranchi roads, shows his love for Indian Army
- Lifestyle Anushka Sharma Stuns Us With Her Androgynous Outfit And Impressive Ear Jewellery
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Tata Motors has announced that their premium SUV, the Harrier, will be the official partner for the VIVO IPL 2019 season. The Tata Harrier will be showcased in all stadiums, where the IPL matches will be held. The 2019 IPL season marks the second year of association between Tata Motors and BCCI (Board of Cricket Control in India).
The Tata Harrier premium SUV from the Indian carmaker will be showcased in all stadiums. It will also be on display across all matches while also offering on-ground engagement and merchandise as well.
Tata Motors will offer a number of awards as well; both to the fans as well as the players. For the players, Tata Motors will have 'Harrier Super Striker' award, given to the best striker in each match, along with a cash price of Rs 1 Lakh. At the end of the season, the batsmen with the highest strike-rate will get a chance to go home with a brand new Tata Harrier SUV.
For the fans, Tata Motors will have the 'Harrier Fan Catch' awards, which will offer a cash prize of Rs 1 Lakh to anyone who takes a single-handed catch in a match stands. Apart from these fan and player engagements, the Tata Harrier will also be part of the IPL Trophy Tour; being planned across major Indian cities.
Amitabh Choudhary, Acting Secretary of BCCI, said:
"We are excited to continue our partnership with TATA Motors and have their newly launched SUV, Harrier, as the Official Partner of the IPL, 2019. Harrier's exhilarating performance is very akin to the muscle that players put in to have the highest batting strike rate and win the Harrier Super Striker Award every match and for the season. We look forward to delivering great exposure to both the Harrier brand as well as TATA Motors."
Mayank Pareek, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, said:
"After a successful association last year, it is only fitting for Tata Motors that our premium SUV, Harrier, should be the Official Partner of one of the biggest sporting events across the world. Born of legendary pedigree, the Harrier has received a phenomenal response from customers across India."
"Much like the IPL, which is one of the most iconic global cricketing events, and is widely celebrated as a platform for budding talent and international cricket legends, the Harrier too is known for its exhilarating performance and exciting drive. We have elaborate plans to capture the audience's attention in-stadia, on-air and across digital platforms, and hope to drive tremendous value from this association yet again."
The Tata Harrier was launched in India recently. The Harrier premium SUV is part of the brand's new OMEGA platform. It is also the first product to be part of the company's new 'Impact 2.0' design language.
The Tata Harrier is powered by a single 2.0-litre 'Kryotec' diesel engine option. It churns out 140bhp and 350Nm of peak torque and is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. Tata Motors is said to be currently be working on an automatic transmission for the Harrier, which might debut on the upcoming seven-seater SUV, based on the Harrier.
The concept version of the seven-seater Harrier-based SUV (codenamed H7X) will be showcased at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show. It will be among the four new models to have its debut at the event.
Thoughts On The Tata Harrier As The Official Partner For 2019 IPL
The Tata Harrier SUV was launched in India in January 2019. The Harrier SUV was first showcased in its concept version last year, as the H5X. The Tata Harrier SUV comes with a starting price of Rs 12.69 lakh and rivals the likes of the Mahindra XUV500, Hyundai Creta and the Jeep Compass.