- 28 min ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 1 hr ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 1 hr ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- 2 hrs ago MG Motor & eChargeBays Collaborates To Provide Home Charging Infrastructure
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- Movies Deepika Padukone Reveals Why She Didn't Opt For A Live-In With Ranveer Singh
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Sports Mithali Raj shuts down troll for criticising her language preference, says 'I am a very proud Indian'
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Hyundai Motors India has officially announced the moniker for its upcoming sub-four-metre SUV, codenamed QXI. The new compact-SUV will be called the Hyundai Venue and is scheduled to be showcased for the first time on 17th April 2019.
The new Hyundai Venue will be placed below the popular Creta offering in the brand's product lineup. It will also be the first compact-SUV offerings from the Korean brand in the country. Hyundai has also released a new video revealing the name of the new compact-SUV offering as well. The Indian debut of the Hyundai Venue will take place simultaneously as its international debut at the New York International Auto Show 2019.
In terms of design, the new Hyundai Venue will borrow some of its styling cues from the larger Creta SUV. It will feature a boxy SUV stance, carrying forward all the latest design language from the Korean carmaker. Some of them including a cascading grille, LED headlamps and alloy wheels.
In terms of features, the upcoming Hyundai Venue will come with a large touchscreen infotainment system, smartphone connectivity, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Auto AC, electric sunroof and keyles entry; among others
In terms of mechanicals, the upcoming Hyundai Venue will be available in three engine options: two petrol and one diesel. This includes a 100bhp 1.4-litre petrol and a 90bhp 1.4-litre diesel units. Both these engines will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox.
The 1.4-litre units on the Venue SUV are the same engines seen on the Hyundai Verna sedan. The Hyundai Venue will also come with a new 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol unit producing 100bhp and will be mated to a new DCT automatic gearbox.
Hyundai even released a teaser earlier this week, showcasing a completely camouflaged SUV. The Hyundai Venue is expected to be launched sometime in May-2019, after its official unveil in April.
Thoughts On Hyundai Venue SUV
The Hyundai Venue will be latest SUV product in the Hyundai India lineup. It will be positioned below the popular Creta and is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 7 lakh to Rs 10 lakh, ex-showroom. Once launched in India, the Hyundai Venue will rival the likes of the Mahindra XUV500, Maruti Vitara Brezza and the Tata Nexon.