- 1 hr ago Renault Kwid Neotech Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4.29 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer 155 & 250 New Colours Launched In India: Pics, Price & Other Details
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Facelift Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Other Details
- 6 hrs ago Mini Convertible Sidewalk Edition Launched In India: Priced At Rs 44.90 Lakh
- Lifestyle Vidya Balan Or Nora Fatehi, Who Pulled Off JJ Valaya’s Printed Belted Saree Better?
- Movies Anupriya Goenka On MeToo Allegations Against Anurag Kashyap: I Totally Stand By Him
- News Delhi violence: Umar Khalid arrested by Crime Branch, sent to 3-day police custody
- Technology Reliance Jio Orbic Smartphone: Three Devices To Launch Soon Under Rs. 4,000
- Sports IPL 2020: KXIP vs MI, Match 13 Updates: Mumbai Indians lock horns with Kings XI Punjab
- Education NEET Result Date 2020: When NEET UG Exam Result 2020 Will Be Declared?
- Finance Indian Railways Launches Portal For Freight Service
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In October
Hyundai Motors India has announced that the recently launched Venue SUV will close the calendar year 2019 with 1 lakh bookings. The Hyundai Venue bookings have set a new milestone within seven months of its launch in the Indian market.
The compact-SUV offering from Hyundai has been developed in India and will also enter the export market. Currently, the Hyundai Venue is already being sold in India, Nepal, Bhutan and Mauritius. The company has now announced that the Venue will soon begin exports to South Africa as well.
The Hyundai Venue is the brand's first compact-SUV offering in the Indian market. The SUV is also the first car in India to come with connected features, through the brand's ‘Blue-Link' connectivity technology.
The compact-SUV comes with a host of features and equipment. This includes LED headlamps, LED DRLs, LED taillights, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, diamond-cut alloy wheels, steering-mounted audio controls, automatic climate control, wireless charging and a bunch of other connected features as well.
The Hyundai Venue is powered by a choice of three engine options: two petrol and one diesel. The diesel unit comes in the form of a 1.4-litre engine producing 89bhp and 220Nm of torque. It comes mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox.
The two petrol engines include a 1.2-litre unit borrowed from the Elite i20. It produces 82bhp and 115Nm of peak torque. This comes mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
The Hyundai Venue also comes with a more powerful 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 120bhp and 172Nm of peak torque. This 1.0-litre engine is mated to either a six-speed manual or a dual-clutch automatic transmission as optional.
The Hyundai Venue is offered in a range of variants: E, S, SX, SX (O), SX+ and SX+(O). The compact-SUV offering is offered in India with a starting price of Rs 6.50 lakh while the top-spec is priced at Rs 11.1 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The Hyundai Venue Bookings Milestone
The Hyundai Venue is the first compact-SUV from the brand in the Indian market. The Venue rivals the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport, Mahindra XUV300 and the Tata Nexon in the Indian market.