- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- 1 day ago Benling Aura Electric Scooter Launching In September: Will Rival The Ather 450 In India
- 1 day ago Kia Seltos Top Features: Here Are The Key Features Available On The Kia Seltos SUV
- 1 day ago Maruti XL6 Official Accessories Launched: Gets Roof Spoiler, Carpet Mats & More!
- Sports BAI announces cash rewards for Sindhu, Sai Praneeth
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day 5: Disha Patani Walked The Ramp In An Exotic Blue Eye Look
- News Irked by UAE's Honour to PM Modi, Pakistan's Senate Chairman cancels visit to Gulf nation
- Technology How To Add And Remove Channel Packs Using Tata Sky Mobile App
- Movies Inshallah: Who's Trying To Sabotage Salman Khan's Movie? Theatrical Rights Sold for Rs 190 Crore!
- Finance Gold Scales To Rs. 38,600 On Fed Powell Comments And Grim Trade War Outlook
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Hyundai has announced a price hike on most of its models in the Indian lineup from the 1st of August 2019. The price hike will be up to Rs 9,200 and will be applicable on all models except the recently launched Venue and Kona EV SUVs.
According to Hyundai, the price hike on the models is due to the rising input costs, as well as the changes made to the cars which will make them comply with the upcoming safety regulations from October this year.
Hyundai India currently sells around 11 models in the market. This includes the Santro, Grand i10, Xcent, Elite i20, Active i20, Venue, Creta, Verna, Elantra, Kona EV and the Tucson. Hyundai will be upgrading all its models except the Venue and the Kona EV, as these models are already compliant with the upcoming regulations.
The newly revised prices for the remaining nine models in Hyundai's India lineup will be officially announced on the 1st of August. Apart from the price hike, Hyundai is also preparing for the launch of its third-generation Grand i10 hatchback in India in the month of August.
The new 2019 Hyundai Grand i10 hatchback is scheduled to go on sale in India on the 20th of August; ahead of its international public debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September.
The Koren brand recently introduced the Kona EV as well in India. The Hyundai Kona EV is the first fully-electric SUV in the country and is priced at Rs 25.6 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The Hyundai Venue is another product recently introduced in the Indian market. The Venue is also the first compact-SUV offering from the brand in India. The Hyundai Venue has quickly climbed up the ranks in the segment, overtaking most of its competition in terms of sales numbers.
The success of the Hyundai Venue has also put the compact-SUV segment leader, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in a tough situation. We might even see the Venue overtake the sales of the Vitara Brezza in the coming months.
Within the first two months of its launch, the Hyundai Venue is bringing in over 8,000 units of monthly sales; just a few hundred less than the Brezza SUV —here are the details.
The Hyundai Venue has already overtaken the sales of its larger sibling, the Creta to become the second best-selling Hyundai in India after the Elite i20 premium hatchback — here are more details.
Thoughts On The Hyundai India Price Hike
The new safety regulations will be implemented in the country from the 1st of October 2019, ahead of its implementation, Hyundai is updating its entire lineup to comply with the new safety norms. This will also help Hyundai going into the festive season, as the new updates will definitely help attract more customers towards the brand in the country.