- 1 day ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 1 day ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 1 day ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 1 day ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Sports Ashes 2019: Labuschagne steps up in Smith's absence as Australia survive Archer onslaught for Lord's draw
- Movies Karan Johar Calls Out A Troll Who Mocked His Sexuality!
- News Amit Shah says Congress has "no shame" as it continues to oppose "evil practice" of triple talaq
- Technology Difference between OpenGL and DirectX12
- Lifestyle How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Hyundai Mobis which is South Korea's largest auto parts maker has developed a camera monitoring system that will replace side-view mirrors in next-gen cars.
With the advanced sensor technology, the company has joined a couple of global future mobility developers who will aim to export the technology to carmakers.
The side-view mirror is like an obstacle for those who are parking in narrow spaces. However, the side-view mirror will now be moving inside cars creating space to park with ease.
Gregory Baratoff, VP autonomous vehicle development at Hyundai Mobis stated: "The paradigm shift to the future car is demanding both functional and design upgrades of all core components, which have been taken for granted until today."
A camera monitor system is a device that monitors the driving behaviour of cars coming from behind and displays the real-time image/video on monitors located inside your car. Not only does this technology increase driving safety by significantly reducing blind spots for a wider field of view, but it also enables innovative changes to your car's exterior design. Hyundai also stated that this technology will help improve fuel efficiency as side-view mirrors will be hidden.
The camera has a field of view which is about 35˚ and it is more than twice that of the regular side-view mirror, around 17°. Therefore, the driver can drive safely without having to check blind spots by turning their head.
Thoughts On The Camera System Which Will Replace Side Mirrors
This is a good initiative taken by the company as they are making full use of their technology. However, I feel that people will take a lot of time to get used to this technology. It will help save a lot of space for people who are parking at a tight spot but, to be very honest, I think that the camera should not replace the rear-view mirrors.