- 1 hr ago Kia Seltos Launching Tomorrow In India: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its Launch
- 3 hrs ago Harley-Davidson LiveWire Electric Motorcycle Teased Ahead Of Its Launch On The 27th Of August
- 7 hrs ago BMW 3 Series Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 41.40 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago New BMW 3 Series Launch Highlights: Prices Start From 41.04 Lakh
- Sports PKL 2019: Table toppers Jaipur Pink Panthers open up 7-point lead after defeating Tamil Thalaivas
- News Former union minister P Chidambaram arrested amid high drama
- Finance SEBI To Provide Rs 1 Crore Reward And Hotline Access To Insider Trading Informants
- Movies Ranveer Singh Wishes To Be The Champion Of Hindi Film Industry! Here’s Why
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day One: Inclusivity Was Promoted With This Body Positive Fashion Show
- Technology Epson M1120 Review: Decent InkTank Printer With Lower Printing Costs
- Education KMAT Result 2019 Released: Explore What After Result
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Hyundai Mobis which is South Korea's largest auto parts maker has developed a camera monitoring system that will replace side-view mirrors in next-gen cars.
With the advanced sensor technology, the company has joined a couple of global future mobility developers who will aim to export the technology to carmakers.
The side-view mirror is like an obstacle for those who are parking in narrow spaces. However, the side-view mirror will now be moving inside cars creating space to park with ease.
Gregory Baratoff, VP autonomous vehicle development at Hyundai Mobis stated: "The paradigm shift to the future car is demanding both functional and design upgrades of all core components, which have been taken for granted until today."
A camera monitor system is a device that monitors the driving behaviour of cars coming from behind and displays the real-time image/video on monitors located inside your car. Not only does this technology increase driving safety by significantly reducing blind spots for a wider field of view, but it also enables innovative changes to your car's exterior design. Hyundai also stated that this technology will help improve fuel efficiency as side-view mirrors will be hidden.
The camera has a field of view which is about 35˚ and it is more than twice that of the regular side-view mirror, around 17°. Therefore, the driver can drive safely without having to check blind spots by turning their head.
Thoughts On The Camera System Which Will Replace Side Mirrors
This is a good initiative taken by the company as they are making full use of their technology. However, I feel that people will take a lot of time to get used to this technology. It will help save a lot of space for people who are parking at a tight spot but, to be very honest, I think that the camera should not replace the rear-view mirrors.