- 1 day ago Tata Motors Announces Discounts & Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.50 Lakh On Select Models
- 1 day ago Renault BS-VI Turbo-Petrol Engines Confirmed For India: Will Feature On The Duster & Captur SUVs
- 1 day ago KTM Increases Prices Of The Duke 125 & RC 125 Models In India
- 1 day ago Piaggo Hikes Prices Of Vespa & Aprilia Scooters In India: Also Offers Other Festive Benefits
- News Engineering Jobs: POWERGRID announces Executive Trainee vacancies; How to apply
- Movies WHAAT? Salman Khan's LIP-LOCK Scenes With Alia Bhatt Lead To Indifference Between Him & Mr Bhansali?
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 94: Telugu Titans Vs Dabang Delhi: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Lifestyle Microcytic Anemia: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Treatment, And Prevention
- Technology Tata Sky On WhatsApp: Check Balance, Add Packs And More
- Finance Govt Employees Will Get Housing Advance At Lower Interest Rates
- Education HSSC Clerk Admit Card 2019 Released
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Hyundai India has launched the Grand i10 NIOS in the Indian market. The new Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS is available with a starting price of Rs 4.99 lakh. The third-generation hatchback is available in four variants — Era, Magna, Sportz and Asta. The top-spec Grand i10 NIOS Asta is priced at Rs 7.99 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Pan India).
|Grand i10 NIOS||Options||ERA||MAGNA||SPORTZ||ASTA|
|1.2L Kappa Petrol||MT||4.99 Lakh||5.84 Lakh||6.38 Lakh||7.13 Lakh|
|AMT||-||6.37 Lakh||6.98 Lakh||-|
|Dual Tone||-||-||6.68 Lakh||-|
|1.2L U2 CRDi Diesel||MT||-||6.70 Lakh||-||7.99 Lakh|
*All prices are ex-showroom (Pan-India)
Hyundai has already started accepting bookings for the new NIOS in the Indian market. Bookings for the new hatchback can be made either online or through any of the showrooms across India for an amount of Rs 11,000. Deliveries for the new Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS will begin immediately.
The new NIOS hatchback will be sold alongside the standard Grand i10 already available in the Indian market. The new offering will be positioned between the standard Grand i10 model and the Elite i20 premium hatchback.
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS is more premium and spacious than the standard hatchback. The ‘NIOS' suffix on the new model stands for ‘more', which indicates the additional space and the improved performance of the new hatchback over the standard variant.
The new Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS comes with a completely new styling while continuing to retain the brand's design language. This includes the cascading front grille, sleek projector headlamps, minimalistic styling on the sides and rounded wrap-around tail lights at the rear. The LED DRLs on the Grand i10 NIOS are however placed at the edges of the front grille, giving it a unique and premium look.
Inside, the Grand i10 NIOS comes with a host of updates, additional features and safety equipment. The cabin comes finished in a dual-tone layout with soft-touch materials all around; offering a premium feel.
The central console consists of a large 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also comes with other features such as a partially-digital instrument cluster, steering-mounted controls, automatic climate control and electrically adjustable ORVMs with integrated turn signals.
Safety features on the Grand i10 NIOS includes airbags, ABS with EBD, reverse parking sensors, seat-belt reminders, high-speed warning, ISOFIX child seat anchors and a bunch of other comfort and safety equipment as well.
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS features both a petrol and diesel engine. Both these engines are carried over from the current-generation Grand i10 hatchback. However, the engines on the NIOS have been upgraded to comply with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms.
The petrol unit includes a 1.2-litre ‘Kappa' engine producing 81bhp and 114Nm of torque. The diesel engine also comes in the form of a 1.2-litre CRDi unit churning out 76bhp and 190Nm of torque. Both engines will come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with the optional AMT transmission as well.
Thoughts On The New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS
The new Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS is the latest entrant in the brand's hatchback lineup in India, consisting of the Santro, Grand i10 and the Elite i20. The new Grand i10 NIOS will continue to rival the same competitors as the standard model, this includes the Maruti Suzuki Swift, Tata Tiago and the Ford Figo.