- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- Technology First Astronaut To Set Foot On Mars Could Be A Woman
- News Kamlesh Tiwari: Fake social media account, a box of sweets and then a gruesome murder
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan And Suresh Gopi In A Single Frame; Fans Can’t Contain The Excitement!
- Finance HDFC Localises Its Website In 6 Indian Languages
- Sports India Vs South Africa, 3rd Test, Day 3: Live Score: Umesh removes Du Plessis early; Hamza-Bavuma look to grind hosts
- Lifestyle 6 Tips To You If You Are Facing Difficulties In Making Small Talks With Colleagues In The Workplace
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Hyundai will be launching a CNG variant of the Grand i10 Nios. The upcoming variant will expand the company's current CNG line-up. The company had launched the third-generation of the Grand i10 hatchback earlier this month.
We expect Hyundai to launch the CNG variant in the Magna trim, just like the Grand i10. We also expect the Grand i10 Nios to have a similar CNG setup as compared to Grand i10.
The Grand i10 CNG variant is priced at Rs 6.46 lakh (ex-showroom, India), and we expect the Grand i10 Nios CNG Variant to be priced slightly higher.
The current line-up of CNG vehicles include the Santro and the Grand i10 for passengers use. The company has also added CNG variants of the Xcent sedan for fleet aggregators in order to reduce ownership costs.
With the addition of another CNG variant to the line-up, the company is gearing up to compete with Maruti Suzuki's exhaustive CNG line-up. This includes the Alto, the Alto K10, the Celerio, the WagonR, and the Ertiga. Hyundai plans to do the same and offer factory-fitted CNG kits with their entire hatchback line-up expect the Elite i20.
The Grand i10 Nios is currently offered in 10 variants with petrol and diesel engine options. The new hatchback retails between Rs 4.99 lakh and Rs 7.99 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
The petrol engine powering the hatchback is BS-VI compliant, and produces 82bhp of power and 114Nm of torque. We expect similar performance figures from the CNG variant.
With the movement in India towards greener mobility because of new upcoming BS-VI emission norms in April 2020, CNG, hybrid, and electric vehicles are the way to move forward.
India is in the early stages of hybrid & semi-hybrid powertrains and electric vehicles. CNG is a better and more efficient alternative to petro-diesel engines in the interim.
Thoughts About The Grand i10 Nios CNG
This will be a welcome alternative for Indian motorists to choose from a range of existing CNG vehicles in the market. The Grand i10 Nios further adds to the look and features making it a top hatchback to buy with a factory-fitted CNG kit.