- 1 day ago 2020 Hyundai Tucson Bookings Commences — All You Need To Know
- 1 day ago Hero Destini 125 BS6 Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,310
- 1 day ago Hyundai Verna Facelift Model Unveiled In Russia: India Bound Later This Year
- 1 day ago 2020 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle BS6 Models Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.39 Lakh
- Movies Mafia Day 1 Collection: Arun Vijay, Prasanna Film Makes Good Business At Box Office
- News Trump’s Marine One, mammoth SUV arrives in Ahmedabad
- Technology Best In-Display Fingerprint Sensor Smartphones To Buy In India Starting From Rs. 9,999
- Sports FIH Hockey Pro League: Fighting India go down to Australia
- Lifestyle 10 Dangerous Habits That May Cause Cancer
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Finance Gold Hits 7-Year High As Caronavirus Fears Persist
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
A Chennai based doctor has modified his second-generation Honda Civic and made it look like the Honda Civic Type-R. The Civic in question is a 2019 i-VTEC model. The modifications is only cosmetic, and not changes have been made to the interiors and mechanics. Images of the car were uploaded to Dr Arun's Facebook account.
Dr Prashanth Arun, who owns the Honda Civic Type-R lookalike, said that all major components like the bumpers, the skirts, and the spoilers were imported by API Cars based at Sholinganallur. The India spec car is almost identical to global-spec cars in terms of design, and the ABS kist was just a bolt-on job.
ABS stands for 'Acrylonitrile, Butadiene and Styrene' and is an industry-grade thermoplastic resin. Dr Arun says that the kit was ordered for, and received even before the Honda Civic was delivered by the dealer.
The custom paint job was also done by API cars. The modified Civic features contrasting winged mirrors, and a carbon-fiber bonnet. The car also features black highlights on the fenders.
Other modifications include 18-inch staggered 8J/9J Veeman wheels (different widths at the front and back) shod with Michelin Pilot Sport tyres - 235/40/18 at the front and 245/40/18 at the rear.
The Honda Civic Type-R lookalike also features tinted windows, and a ceramic coating. The only modification done to engine components is a custom BMC air filter in place of the stock one. Dr Arun says that all the mods cost close to Rs 3 lakh.
The second-generation Honda Civic (also the tenth-generation globally) was launched in India during March 2019. Engine options include a 1.8-litre petrol that produces 140bhp of power and 174Nm of torque. Also available is a 1.6-litre diesel engine that produces 119bhp of power and 300Nm of torque.
Transmission options include a six-speed manual and a CVT automatic. The Honda Civic is priced between Rs 17.94 lakh and Rs 22.35 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Thoughts About The Civic Type-R Lookalike
Fantastic job done for sure! The Doc has paid a lot of attention to detail, and we're sure his Civic will make heads turn! It really is a shame that Honda does not offer the Type-R in India. Yes, it is expensive because the company has to bring it in as a CBU, but someone explain that to the enthusiasts.