- 2 hrs ago Honda CBR 650R Sold Out In India: Bookings For The Motorcycle Put On Hold Temporarily
- 3 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India For September 2019: Hero Splendor Continues To Dominate The Market
- 3 hrs ago Hema Malini Brings Home The MG Hector Sharp: An All New Dhanno
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- Movies Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Deepika Padukone & Others Vote In Maharashtra Elections
- Lifestyle Nupur Sanon And Tara Sutaria Gave Us Wedding Wear Goals With Their Gorgeous Designer Lehengas
- Travel Hidlumane Waterfalls - How To Reach And Things To Do
- Sports MotoGP analysis: How Marquez escaped from the clutches of Quartararo at Motegi
- News Not stopping construction of Metro shed in Aarey, stay only on cutting trees: SC
- Technology GTA 6 Expected To Release By 2020 - Vice City Might Make A Comeback
- Finance Reliance Jio Marginally Cuts Prices Of Some Tariff Packs And Adjusts IUC
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Honda Cars India has introduced a new petrol variant to its City sedan offering in the Indian market. The Honda City now comes with a manual transmission on its top-spec ZX variant. The new Honda City ZX MT petrol variant is priced at Rs 12.75 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The top-spec 'ZX' petrol variant of the Honda City was earlier available with just the CVT transmission. Honda has now added a manual option for the petrol trim of the City sedan. The addition of the manual gearbox for the top-spec variant is through the high demand from customers towards it.
Apart from the additional manual transmission option, Honda has also introduced two new exterior paint schemes — Radiant Red Metallic and Lunar Silver Metallic. These two new colours will be available across all variants of the City sedan. Honda has also introduced rear parking sensors as a standard feature as well.
Rajesh Goel, Senior VP and Director, Sales & Marketing, HCIL, said, "We are delighted to introduce the new ZX variant of Honda City in Petrol with Manual Transmission to complete the top spec ZX range and offer an increased choice for our customers. The addition of new colours and standard application of Rear Parking sensors will further strengthen the City offering in the market."
Some of the key features of the Honda City ZX MT variant includes a complete LED package which comes with LED headlamps, DRL, fog lamps, rear combi-lights, licence plate lamps and trunk-lid spoiler lights. Other features also include electric sunroof with one-touch and auto-reverse function, automatic headlamps, R16 diamond-cut alloy wheels, automatic rain-sensing wipers, headlamps auto-off timer, 6.9-inch touchscreen infotainment system and six airbags.
The Honda City is available in four trims — SV, V, VX and ZX. All four variants are available with both petrol and diesel engine options. The petrol unit on the City is a 1.5-litre i-VTEC engine producing 117bhp and 145Nm of torque. Similarly, the diesel unit comes in the form of a 1.5-litre i-DTEC engine churning out 99bhp and 200Nm of torque.
Both, the petrol and diesel variants come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox. The higher-spec petrol variants (V, VX and ZX) further come with the optional six-speed CVT transmission with paddle shifters.
Thoughts On The Honda City New Petrol Variant
The Honda City is one of the most popular offerings in the mid-size sedan segment in the Indian market. The Honda City was first introduced back in 1998 and is currently in its fourth-generation model. The Honda City rivals the likes of the Hyundai Verna and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz in the Indian market.