- 1 hr ago Triumph Tiger 900 Pre-Bookings Open Officially: India Launch Expected In Coming Weeks
- 1 hr ago Kia Soul Petrol & EV Models Being Evaluated For The Indian Market
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Facelift India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival Upcoming Skoda Karoq
- 6 hrs ago COVID-19 Lockdown: Government Extends Vehicle Document Validity Period Till 31st Of July
- Sports RIP Balbir Singh Senior: Hockey Legend cremated with full state honours
- News Heatwave likely to abate only after May 28; Dust and thunder storms expected on May 29-30: IMD
- Movies Birthday Boy Kunal Kemmu Says Birthday Celebrations Were Exciting Only Till He Was 15
- Lifestyle COVID-19: Does The Coronavirus Affect Male Fertility?
- Finance HDFC Net Profits Fall, Declares Rs 21 Per Share Dividend
- Technology JioMart Expands To 200 Cities Across India Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Launched in May 2018, the second generation Honda Amaze became the Japanese auto giant's popular seller in the Indian sub-continent. Honda sold 85,000 units in the 11 months that followed it's launch. This made the second generation Honda Amaze the fastest Honda model to achieve sales figures.
The second generation Honda Amaze catered for 46 per cent of Honda's overall sales for the financial year 2018-19. The other models that contributed to the overall sales figures in the Honda stable, are the Honda Jazz, the Honda City, and the Honda WR-V. The Honda Amaze has retailed over 3.4 lakh units since its launch in April 2013.
The 2018, second generation Honda Amaze featured upgrades and improvements to the first generation model. The car received Honda's Global Design Language (also seen on the recently launched Honda City), and a more proportionate three-box design.
The 2018 Honda Amaze features more cabin space, a dual-tone interior design, automatic climate control, a multi-function steering wheel, and, a touch-screen infotainment system that is Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatible.
The new Amaze also offers segment first features such as paddle shifters, a height adjustable driver's seat, keyless entry, and a 420-litre boot space. The Honda Amaze has also been fitted with front passenger seat belt reminder alarms.
Engine options on the Honda Amaze include a 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol and a 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engine. The petrol engine produces 89bhp of power @ 6,000rpm and 110Nm of torque @ 4,800rpm, while the diesel engine produces 99bhp of power @ 3,600rpm and 200Nm of torque @ 1,750rpm. Both engines are available with either a 5-speed manual transmission or a Constant Variable Transmission automatic.
The Honda Amaze is priced between Rs 5.86 lakh and Rs 9.16 lakh, ex-showroom, India. The car competes against a fair number of models in the segment - the Maruti Suzuki Dzire, the Hyundai Xcent, the Tata Tigor, the Volkswagen Ameo, and the Ford Aspire. The Maruti Suzuki Dzire is the segment best seller with 15,000 units sold every month, and the Honda Amaze is the send-highest selling car with 6,000 units a month.
Thoughts About The Honda Amaze' Sales Figures
Well wow! We didn't know that the Honda Amaze was doing this well. 46 per cent of total sales is very good. Kudos to Honda for a fantastic job!