- 12 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 13 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 15 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Lottery Message Promising 25 Lakh On Whatsapp Messenger Is Fake
- Sports Rohit Sharma pats Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan for keeping Mumbai Indians in the match
- News Sonia Gandhi urges Congress-ruled states to pass laws to negate central farm acts
- Finance RBI May Hold MPC Meet As Early As Next Week
- Lifestyle World Heart Day 2020: Best Foods To Prevent The Risk Of Heart Diseases In Diabetics
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
A truck driver in Delhi has received a fine of Rs 1.41 lakh for violating traffic rules in the city. This might be the highest-ever traffic fine amount paid by one person till date. The huge amount is due to the recent hike in traffic fines across the country, under the new Motor Vehicles Act.
The challan dated 9th September 2019 shows the truck driver's name, along with the exact fine amount of Rs 1,41,700. According to reports from News18, a receipt shows the vehicle registered in Bikaner, Rajasthan, along with the name of the depositor and the exact fine amount.
This might be a new record in terms of highest fine paid by anyone since the implementation of the new Motor Vehicles Act. Previously, a truck driver from Nagaland was fined Rs 86,500 by the RTO in Sambalpur district in Odisha. The total amount of Rs 86,500 was split up by a number of offenses and violations from the Nagaland truck driver.
This includes Rs 500 for general offense, Rs 5,000 for allowing an unauthorised person to drive, Rs 5,000 for driving without a licence, Rs 56,000 for overloading the truck (18 tonne more than the allowed limit) and Rs 20,000 for carrying over-dimension projection load.
The truck was travelling from Chattisgarh to Talcher in Odisha, before being intercepted by officials at Sambalpur. Odisha was among the first states in the country to implement the revised traffic fines. The state alone is said to have collected over Rs 88 lakh in fine amount in the first four days of its implementation.
The voes of the truck drivers hasn't stopped there. Recent reports also suggest that, truck drivers will now also be fined for not following a proper dress code while driving across the country.
The government under the new Motor Vehicles Act has made it mandatory for all truck drivers to wear a shirt/tees, full-length trousers and shoes while driving. This dress code is also applicable to the helpers and conductors present along with them in the trucks or buses. The new fine for violating the dress code has been set to Rs 1000 from the previous amount of Rs 500 - here are the details.
Thoughts On The Highest Traffic Fine Amount Collected In India
The Indian government recently updated the Motor Vehicles Act in the country, leading to the introduction of strict fines for traffic violations across the state.
The officials and police officers in all states across the country are also on high alert, to ensure all motorists follow the new regulations. The move to hike the fine amount is to deter commuters from violating the traffic rules while in turn improving road safety across the country.