- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- Movies Asuran Box Office Collections 17 Days: Dhanush Starrer Continues Its Record-breaking Run!
- News Maharashtra elections: Average assets of re-contesting MLAs increased by 73 per cent
- Technology Diwali Offer: Buy vivo Smartphones For Rs. 101 Down Payment At Offline Stores
- Sports Tearful Murray soaks up European Open win
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Gaurav Gill, the Arjuna Award winner has been involved in an accident during the Indian National Racing Championship round in Jodhpur. According to reports, Gaurav Gill hit a motorcycle during round 3 of the Maxperience Rally at 145km/h.
The accident took place just 150m from the finish line when a motorcyclist came in front of Gaurav Gill's car while carrying two others. All three people on the motorcycle were killed, including a minor. Reports suggest that the three deceased were not wearing a helmet and were out on the track, even after a warning had been issued to them about the same.
The organiser of the event stated, "Everything happened within less than a minute. It was literally a blind spot. He (Gaurav) tried to stop the car, however, as there was a sharp turn the situation became unavoidable. Despite being warned, the biker forcefully entered the track."
The organisers further added, "We feel very sad for the deceased people and express our condolences to their family members. We had all the safety measures in place and also had the necessary permission from the authorities."
The rally has been called off after the incident. The three people on the motorcycle, Narendra, his wife Pushpa and their young son Jitendra were killed on the spot.
Currently, Gaurav Gill is said to be in a hospital 50km away from the incident. Gaurav is said to be having respiratory issues and has also suffered serious injuries from the accident.
Vamsi Merla, INRC Promotor, stated, "Gaurav's was the first car on Stage 1. He was driving at a speed of 145kmph while taking a sharp left turn and within 5m-10m, collided with the motorcycle, which was right in the middle of the road. Gaurav tried his best to pull the brakes but because of the speed, he was unable to do anything."
Merla further stated, "We had been giving warnings about the road closure to the villagers for the past 15 days. There were field marshals but one of the deceased (Narendra) argued with them and when the marshals were looking away, the man broke the barricade and entered the track.
J Prithviraj, FMSCI President added, "It was an unfortunate incident that took place despite all the safety measures being in place. We extend our deepest condolences to the bereaved family. The entire motorsports fraternity stands with them in their grief."
Thoughts On The Gaurav Gill Accident During The INRC In Jodhpur
It is a very unfortunate accident that has occurred in Jodhpur. It showcases the dangers of the sport. We pay our deepest condolences to the deceased and hope Gaurav Gill recovers soon.