- 26 min ago Tata Motors Announces Mega Service Camp: Offers Vehicle Health Checks, Discounts & More
- 17 hrs ago Mumbai Traffic Police To Arrest Motorists With Unpaid Traffic Fines: Too Strict?
- 18 hrs ago Hyundai Recalls CNG Variants Of Grand i10 & Xcent Models: Here’s Why!
- 21 hrs ago Ultraviolette F77: Top-Things To Know About The Latest Electric Sportsbike In India
- News A 3 page CMP that the Maharashtra government would formed on
- Sports Review blunders haunt New Zealand against England
- Movies Adithya Varma Twitter Review: Here’s What Audiences Feel About The Dhruv Vikram Starrer!
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A71 Renders Surfaces Online With A Quad-Camera Setup
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Gives Us Cues On How To Notch Up Our Travel Wardrobe
- Finance CSB Bank IPO Opens On 22 November: Things To Know
- Travel 10 Honeymoon Destinations In India – Let The Honeymoon Begin!
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
Indian battery manufacturer Exide Industries, recently unveiled their Neo electric rickshaw to the Indian market. The company will sell the e-rickshaw at select states which includes West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, North East; among others.
Most of the components apart from the battery in the e-rickshaw are sourced from China. However, the company plans to increase the more parts sourced from India in the coming days. At present, the e-rickshaws made by Exide have 15-20 per cent component sourced inside the country.
Gautam Chatterjee, MD and CEO, Exide Industries, said,
"The e-rickshaw category has seen phenomenal growth in India in the last few years and we have been an integral part of it since inception, through our offerings of robust lead-acid batteries. We see a tremendous opportunity to now offer a complete, technologically advanced package to the e-rickshaw operator that will be reliable with the least downtime."
The Exide Neo will be manufactured at the company's Dankuni plant near Kolkata, with an annual capacity of 15,000 units. Although the battery specification was not revealed at the unveiling, the e-rickshaw will feature a lithium-ion battery. The company also plans to introduce a leasing or financing option with the model for easy ownership.
The Neo electric rickshaw comes equipped with a host of features including a rear-view camera, for added safety. It also includes a rear-view mirrors which include an LCD display to support the rear-view camera. Other features on the Exide Neo include an LCD instrument cluster, an FM radio transmitter, an USB slot to charge your phone.
The safety on the Neo is further enhanced with the front of rickshaw featuring a high grade steel for better impact resistance and a hard top ABS roof for extra rigidity of the rickshaw.
Arun Mittal, Director Automotive, Exide Industries said, to develop the e-rickshaw company was working closely with e-rickshaw operators for a long time. The feedback provided by the drivers enabled the company to design the most suitable vehicle for the Indian conditions that would offer an enhanced and completely packaged solution to customers. Features like the rearview camera, LCD instrumentation panel and critical safety enhancement features like ABS roofing and high quality steel-reinforced front panel have been incorporated in the Exide Neo.
Thoughts About The Exide Neo Electric Rickshaw Unveiled In India
Exide's first product seems promising by getting equipped with a host of features. India is certainly making the shift from conventional gasoline mobility to environmental friendly green vehicles. To support the shift auto manufacturers are coming up with new models in electric vehicles segment frequently and new companies like Exide are venturing out into the EV market with new products as well.