- 43 min ago No Using Mobiles While Riding/Driving In Bangalore From 20th June — Hefty Fines Apply
- 1 hr ago Toyota’s Accessible People Mover To Debut At Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020
- 2 hrs ago Ford Recalls The Endeavour SUV In India — Voluntary Inspection Of Faulty Airbag Inflators
- 2 hrs ago Protean Can Help You Pull Off Donuts In The Same Spot: Here’s How
- Sports Kohli to attend India team selection; fringe players may get the call
- Movies Aadai Movie Review: An Amala Paul Show All The Way
- Technology Week 29, 2019 Launch Roundup - Realme X, Realme 3i, Vivo Y7s, Samsung Galaxy A80 and more
- Finance ITR Filing To Be Extended Due ToThese Reasons
- News BJP govt using Section 144 to hide shortcomings: Mayawati
- Education ICSI CS Foundation June Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On This Date
- Lifestyle Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Most passenger vehicles in India are shipped from factories to different destinations across the country via long-haul specially-manufactured trucks. The other method of delivery is driving them to respective locations, but this is not too common. Other countries, especially the United States, transport cars via special 'goods transfer' trains with a lot of coaches. One of these trains derailed near Caliente, Nevada, destroying dozens of Jeep SUVs and pick-up trucks.
We hear that at least 33 coaches of the train derailed at 9.00 AM on Wednesday, 10th July 2019 about 50 kilometers from the Utah-Nevada border. This information was confirmed by the Lincoln County Sheriff, Kerry Lee. The train was ferrying Jeep Gladiator pick-up trucks and Jeep Rubicon SUVs, a dozen of which have been destroyed in the accident.
According to Sheriff Lee, this was the most spectacular mess he has seen. He says he was amazed at the number of cars destroyed in the accident. The humongous accident resulted in County Road 4230 that runs from Elgin to Carp (both in Nevada) to completely shut down close until Thursday.
The Sheriff's Office said that the road will remain partially closed over the seven and ten days because of the construction equipment, train coaches and debris blocking the road. Sheriff Lee also said that the train was loaded with hazardous material and that the Sheriff's Office we relieved that none of the HAZ-MAT coaches derailed.
The HAZ-MAT coach (hazardous material) were only two coaches away from the derailed section of the train. The Sheriff said that had these coaches derailed, it could have been a serious environmental and personnel disaster. As is, there is no information about how the train derailed partially but the Union Pacific is investigating the cause of the derailment.
Thoughts About The Train Derailing And The Jeeps Damaged
We're saddened by this disaster and can't wrap our heads around the sheer number of vehicles lost. As is, we have not heard of any losses of life, thank god. We feel very much for the folks these Jeep vehicle were on their way to, and of course the company. That's quite a blow.
Very good show by the Lincoln County's Sheriff's Department. Had such an incident happened in India, the first thing that would have happened was a bunch of information screens would have gone missing. And we're sure we would have found one for a few thousands at the local thieves markets.