- 3 hrs ago Want Official Accessories For You Renault Duster: Full List And Details
- 9 hrs ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 12 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 14 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- Movies TBT Pic: Ranveer Singh & Ranbir Kapoor Seen Chilling Together On Tamasha Set Without Deepika!
- News Ready to face arrest: Priyanka Gandhi ups ante against UP govt over Sonbhadra incident
- Technology Hotstar Leads Entertainment Apps Installations: Study
- Sports PKL 2019: Telugu Titans host U Mumba in Season 7 curtain-raiser
- Finance Reliance Industries Net Rises; Jio Profits Grow
- Lifestyle Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
Most passenger vehicles in India are shipped from factories to different destinations across the country via long-haul specially-manufactured trucks. The other method of delivery is driving them to respective locations, but this is not too common. Other countries, especially the United States, transport cars via special 'goods transfer' trains with a lot of coaches. One of these trains derailed near Caliente, Nevada, destroying dozens of Jeep SUVs and pick-up trucks.
We hear that at least 33 coaches of the train derailed at 9.00 AM on Wednesday, 10th July 2019 about 50 kilometers from the Utah-Nevada border. This information was confirmed by the Lincoln County Sheriff, Kerry Lee. The train was ferrying Jeep Gladiator pick-up trucks and Jeep Rubicon SUVs, a dozen of which have been destroyed in the accident.
According to Sheriff Lee, this was the most spectacular mess he has seen. He says he was amazed at the number of cars destroyed in the accident. The humongous accident resulted in County Road 4230 that runs from Elgin to Carp (both in Nevada) to completely shut down close until Thursday.
The Sheriff's Office said that the road will remain partially closed over the seven and ten days because of the construction equipment, train coaches and debris blocking the road. Sheriff Lee also said that the train was loaded with hazardous material and that the Sheriff's Office we relieved that none of the HAZ-MAT coaches derailed.
The HAZ-MAT coach (hazardous material) were only two coaches away from the derailed section of the train. The Sheriff said that had these coaches derailed, it could have been a serious environmental and personnel disaster. As is, there is no information about how the train derailed partially but the Union Pacific is investigating the cause of the derailment.
Thoughts About The Train Derailing And The Jeeps Damaged
We're saddened by this disaster and can't wrap our heads around the sheer number of vehicles lost. As is, we have not heard of any losses of life, thank god. We feel very much for the folks these Jeep vehicle were on their way to, and of course the company. That's quite a blow.
Very good show by the Lincoln County's Sheriff's Department. Had such an incident happened in India, the first thing that would have happened was a bunch of information screens would have gone missing. And we're sure we would have found one for a few thousands at the local thieves markets.