- 17 min ago No Using Mobiles While Riding/Driving In Bangalore From 20th June — Hefty Fines Apply
- 49 min ago Toyota’s Accessible People Mover To Debut At Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020
- 1 hr ago Ford Recalls The Endeavour SUV In India — Voluntary Inspection Of Faulty Airbag Inflators
- 2 hrs ago Protean Can Help You Pull Off Donuts In The Same Spot: Here’s How
- Technology Week 29, 2019 Launch Roundup - Realme X, Realme 3i, Vivo Y7s, Samsung Galaxy A80 and more
- Finance ITR Filing To Be Extended Due ToThese Reasons
- News BJP govt using Section 144 to hide shortcomings: Mayawati
- Education ICSI CS Foundation June Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On This Date
- Movies Leaving Salman Khan Behind, Shahid Kapoor Reacts To Uri & Kabir Singh Being The Most Liked Films
- Sports CoA stuns BCCI, Lodha asking India captain, coach to decide on WAG travel schedule
- Lifestyle Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
The Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) issued a statement on Wednesday saying that the industry has witnessed a drop of 24.97 percent in sales of domestic cars. This statement comes at a time when the automotive industry in the country is facing it's biggest slow down ever.
Here are some figures that show how domestic car sales have gone down. In the domestic passenger vehicle segment, the (PV) sales have declined by 17.54 percent. The total units sold were 2,25,732 in June this year whereas 2,73,748 units were recorded last year.
Domestic car sales were down by 24.97 percent and the units recorded were 1,39,628 as against 1,83,885 units in June 2018. This data has been given out by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) on Wednesday. Moreover, the two-wheeler sales were also affected last month where the sales declined by 9.57 percent and the units sold were 10,84,598 as against 11,99,332 units sold last year.
The total two-wheeler sales in June 2019 declined by 11.69 percent and 16,49,477 units were sold compared to 18,67,884 units in 2018. The commercial vehicle sales also went down by 12.27 percent and the units recorded were 70,771 in June 2019 against 80,670 units in the same period a year ago. All this data was given out by the SIAM.
Sales of the vehicles across categories registered a downfall of 12.34 percent to 19,97,952 units in June 2019 from 22,79,186 units in June 2018, it added. In fact, all the vehicle categories witnessed a downfall as far as the sales figures go.
Also, in the month of April and June 2019 PV sales declined 18.42 percent to 7,12,620 units compared with 8,73,490 units in 2018. Vehicle sales across all the categories witnessed a drop of 12.35 percent resulting in 60,85,406 units sold in the April-June 2019 against 69,42,742 units in the same period of last year.
Thoughts On The Domestic Car Sales Decline
The Indian car market has really witnessed a downfall as far as the sales go. Manufacturers are launching new vehicles every now and then and also new manufacturers are entering the market. We hope that this situation resolves soon and all the manufacturers are doing best of what they can.