- 1 hr ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 2 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 3 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 4 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Ford has unveiled their latest Shelby GT500 at the ongoing 2019 Detroit Auto Show. The 2020 Ford Shelby GT500 is said to be the fastest road-legal Mustang ever built by the American brand.
The new Ford Shelby GT500 is powered by a supercharged 5.2-litre V8, said to produce over 700bhp. This is almost as powerful as the company's current Nascar stock car and double that of the first V8 Mustang from 1967.
The massive engine is further mated to seven-speed DCT transmission, developed with inputs from the team who worked on the GT. The new transmission on the GT500 is said to have a shift time of just 100 milliseconds. All the power is sent to the rear wheels through a carbon-fibre driveshaft. The transmission, along with the massive power unit allows the Shelby GT500 to sprint from 0 - 100km/h in just over three seconds.
The dual-clutch transmission offers the new Shelby GT500 with five different driving modes: normal, weather, sport, drag and track. The GT500 also offers Ford's Line-lock and and launch control features through selectable track apps.
The 2020 Shelby GT500 has been developed by Ford Performance while its tech has been borrowed from Ford's racing division and the GT4 program. The new GT500 comes with a larger front grille and a louvered vent on the bonnet, allowing 50 per cent more airflow than the GT350. This helps the sports coupe get the most downforce compared to any other Mustang. The Mustang also comes with a standard adjustable rear spoiler, low ground clearance and a wide stance, giving it a mean look even at standstill.
The 2020 Ford Shelby GT500 comes with an updated active chassis controls. It also offers preset controls for the Mustang's different drive modes. The new GT500 rides on 20-inch Ford Performance-specific wheels wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres. Braking is handled by 420mm 6-caliper Brembo brakes — largest-ever on an American sports coupe.
Inside, the 2020 Ford Shelby GT500 comes with a completely new carbon-fibre dashboard, optional Recaro seats, with pass-throughs for safety harnesses. The GT500 comes with 12-inch instrument cluster and an 8-inch infotainment system with SYNC 3 and a 12-speaker B&O sound system.
The Ford Shelby GT500 also offers an additional 'Carbon-Fibre Track' package. With this package, the GT500 comes with carbon-fibre wheels wrapped in Pilot Sport Cup 2s tyres (more track-focused), exposed carbon-fibre GT4 track wings and splitters and the package also gets rid of the rear-seats to further save weight.
Thoughts On The 2020 Ford Shelby GT500 Unveil
The 2020 Ford Shelby GT500 will go on sale in the US market, sometime during the later part of this year. It will replace the GT350 as the flagship model in the Mustang lineup. The Shelby GT500 is also said to be the first of multiple versions set to be introduced, including a hybrid version. Currently, there is no plans of Ford bringing the Shelby GT500 to the Indian market.