- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 1 day ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 1 day ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 1 day ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- Sports Mankad among 10 ICC Hall of Fame special inductees ahead of WTC final
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Nikki Tamboli Says She Is Scared To Cry In Front Of Her Parents Post Brother's Death
- News Mizoram man, head of world's largest family with 39 wives, 94 kids, dies at 76
- Education AP TET Syllabus 2021 Released, Notification Expected Soon
- Finance 8 Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Monday, June 14, 2021
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
Bugatti has taken the wraps off the La Voiture Noire, a one-off supercar that is the most expensive car ever sold. The Bugatti La Voiture Noire celebrates the brand's 110th anniversary and is powered by the same quad-turbo W16 engine that powers the Chiron.
The Bugatti La Voiture Noire (French for The Black Car) pays tribute to the 1936 Type 57 SC Atlantic that was lost during World War II, just before Nazi Germany invaded the French province of Alsace-Lorraine in 1939.
Only four SC Atlantic's were built by Jean Bugatti, the son of the marque's found Ettorio, and while the other three are still in existence and said to be worth a few hundred million euros each, the mystery of the missing Atlantic has puzzled the automotive world for over 80 years.
The La Voiture Noire has been sold to a Bugatti collector who purchased the car for €11 million (Rs 87.67 crore) pre-tax, which makes the one-off hypercar, the most expensive new car ever sold. However, unlike the Chiron on which it is based, the Bugatti La Voiture Noire has been tuned towards providing a more comfortable Grand Touring cruising, thanks to a completely reworked chassis.
The Bugatti La Voiture Noire draws power from the same quad-turbo 8.0-litre W16 that powers the Chiron. The massive engine cranks out 1,479bhp and 1,600Nm of torque which is sent to all four wheels via a 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox. The Bugatti La Voiture Noire pays tribute to its W16 at its rear end where it features six tailpipes that remind you of the Galibier concept. Bugatti has not revealed any details about the performance figures of the one-off La Voiture Noire.
Bugatti claims that the La Voiture Noire sports a handcrafted carbon-fibre body which is finished in deep gloss black. The French carmaker also claims that the long nose and C-Pillars of the new one-off are reminiscent of the ones found on the Type 57 SC Atlantic. Other distinct features include the centre line that runs from the bonnet all the way to the rear spoiler, along with the raked windscreen and covered up engine bay, the last of which hasn't been seen for quite a while now.