- 1 day ago Tata Motors Announces Discounts & Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.50 Lakh On Select Models
- 1 day ago Renault BS-VI Turbo-Petrol Engines Confirmed For India: Will Feature On The Duster & Captur SUVs
- 1 day ago KTM Increases Prices Of The Duke 125 & RC 125 Models In India
- 1 day ago Piaggo Hikes Prices Of Vespa & Aprilia Scooters In India: Also Offers Other Festive Benefits
- News Vishwakarma Puja 2019: Date, significance, and why do we worship Lord Vishwakarma?
- Finance HDFC Bank Slashes Fixed Deposit Rates Yet Again; 1-Year FD Now Fetches 6.6%
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Couldn't Stop Crying After Filming This Scene For 'The Sky Is Pink'!
- Lifestyle 10 Benefits Of Cycling For Your Health
- Technology How To Share Pictures Without Compression On WhatsApp
- Sports Ashes 2019: Steve Smith 'cooked' after heroics
- Education HSSC Clerk Admit Card 2019 Released
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
French supercar manufacturer Bugatti has just unveiled a limited edition model at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. The new car is called the Centodieci, and the name literally means 110 in Italian - paying tribute to the iconic EB110 that was built in 1991.
Interestingly, the EB110 was built to mark Ettore Bugatti's (the founder of the company) 110th birthday. Having said that, the all new Centodieci will be limited to just 10 units with prices starting at Euro 8 million. That's roughly Rs 63.14 crore, plus taxes and registration fees - not to mention the bribes the Indian government will accept.
Stephan Winkelmann, President of Bugatti, said, "With the Centodieci we pay homage to the EB110 super sports car which was built in the' 1990s and is very much a part of our tradition-steeped history. With the EB110, Bugatti catapulted itself to the top of the automotive world once again after 1956 with a new model."
"We are proud of our long Bugatti history, of which the EB110 is very much a part. That's why we're celebrating a reinterpretation of this extraordinary vehicle with the Centodieci - Italian for 110," he added.
The French manufacturer has taken a more aggressive approach with the Bugatti Centodieci. In fact, they call it a three-dimensional design. While the all new and supremely powerful Centodieci looks like one of the most radical cars built by Bugatti, its design has been inspired by the original EB110.
The signature Bugatti horseshoe grille is much smaller than the ones seen on the company' current line up that include the Chiron, the Divo, and the La Voiture Noire. The Centodieci also features a three section air intake to increase air flow to cool the massive engine.
Bugatti's signature c-shaped B-pillar seen on latest models has been replaced with five diamond-shaped air inlets. The rear section features a larger spoiler, a fabulous eight-piece LED taillight element, a huge rear grille along with an aggressive looking performance diffuser and quad exhaust pipes.
The company says that they wanted to make the Centodieci sportier and more extreme than the Bugatti Chiron and Divo hyper sport models, but keep it as elegant as the La Voiture Noire.
Achim Anscheidt, Head Designer at Bugatti, said, "The challenge was not to allow oneself be captivated too much by the design of the historic vehicle and work solely in retrospect, but instead to create a modern interpretation of the shape and technology of that time."
The limited edition Bugatti Centodieci is about 20kgs lighter than the Chiron. The company achieved this with a lot of carbon fiber. The car's windshield wipers and stabilizers both use carbon fiber as well.
Restrictions on build materials has resulted in a power-to-weight ratio of just 1.13kgs per horsepower. With more than 90kgs of down-force, Bugatti says that car corners like the Bugatti Divo - a car built for cornering.
The all new Bugatti Centodieci features an 8.0-litre W16 engine that produces a monstrous 1600bhp at 7,000 rpm. The car does the 0 to 100kmph mark in 2.4 seconds, the 0-200kmph mark in 6.1 seconds, and the 0-300kmph in 13.1 seconds. Top speed on this rocket for a car is electronically restricted to 380kmph.
Thoughts About The Bugatti Centodieci
Talk about a next level engine. 1600Bhp is no joke. We're trying to figure what Bugatti will do next. The all new Centodieci looks really gorgeous and looks like its ready to beat anything that tries to mess with it. Not that we're hopeful but it will really awesome to see this car in the flesh. At the Auto Expo 2020 perhaps? Chuckle!