- 2 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 8 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 10 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- Sports Ranji Trophy Semi-finals: Gujarat take on Saurashtra in 'clash of equals'
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Contestant Chaitra Kottoor Opens Up About Hosting Shantham Paapam
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- News With GDP growth at 7 yr low, FinMin says slowdown has bottomed out
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
BMW India has announced that all their petrol-powered models in India will now be BS-VI compliant. All petrol-powered models across the brand's portfolio in India will now comply with the latest emission norms, ahead of its implementation from 1st of April 2020.
The company also announced that the diesel-powered variants of the models will be updated in the coming months. Production of the BS-VI compliant diesel models has already started. This includes the 5 Series and 6 Series GT. The company will soon start production of its third diesel-powered BS-VI compliant model, the X1 very soon.
Rudratej Singh, President & CEO, BMW Group India, stated:
"2019 has been exciting for us as our new product portfolio has triggered remarkable traction in the luxury car market. Early start of BS-VI production is a strategic call we are taking to meet the unprecedented demand for our new products."
"Today, BMW India customers have the choice of buying a BS-VI car across the entire product portfolio. The present BMW range is extremely attractive because of its unique position with the latest products, the newest technology as well as superbly attractive ownership packages on limited stocks of BS-IV variants."
BMW also took the opportunity to announce that the latest products launched in India, are offered in both BS-IV and BS-VI variants. BMW is allowing customers to choose from either of the products at the time of purchase.
The German luxury car manufacturer also stated that they will increase prices of their BS-VI compliant vehicles by up to 6% very soon. The company has also started offering financial deals and benefits on certain BS-IV models as well.
BMW recently launched the 2019 3 Series in the Indian market. The latest-generation BMW 3 Series in India is offered with a starting price of Rs 41.40 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The new BMW 3 Series comes in three variants and is offered with a choice of two engine options — here are all the details.
The company also launched its M5 Competition model in the market at Rs 1.54 crore, ex-showroom (India). The new BMW M5 Competition is a more performance-oriented sedan than the standard M5, which also comes with a host of additional features as well — here are more details from its launch.
Thoughts On The BS-VI Compliant BMW Models In India
BMW Is one of the leading luxury car brands in the Indian market. BMW is also the first brand in the segment to offer BS-VI compliant models across its product portfolio in India. BMW India is currently working on an aggressive strategy in India, with multiple car launches over the past few months.
Apart from the 3 Series and M5 Competition, BMW even introduced their flagship sedan and SUV in India; the 7 Series and the X7.