- 12 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 1 day ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Sports IPL 2020: KXIP vs DC: Looking to play good brand of cricket to make this season a memorable one: KL Rahul
- Movies Drishyam 2: The Set Work Of The Mohanlal Starrer Is Progressing!
- Lifestyle World Marrow Donor Day WMDD: What Is Bone Marrow Transplant? Importance And Side Effects
- News Drug case: Kishore Shetty of 'ABCD' fame arrested in Mangaluru
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Spotted At Multiple Online Platforms; Might Arrive Soon
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
BMW India has launched the latest-generation 3 series in the Indian market. The new BMW 3 Series is available with a starting price of Rs 41.40 lakh. The 2019 3 Series sedan is offered in two diesel variants and one petrol variant. The top-spec trim on the new BMW 3 Series is priced at Rs 47.90 Lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
The new BMW 3 Series had its global debut at the 2018 Paris Motor Show. The new BMW 3 Series is the 7th-generation model of the sedan. Bookings for the entry-level luxury sedan has already begun ahead of its launch in the Indian market.
The new BMW 3 Series is available in three variants: 320d Sport, 320d Luxury Line and 330i M Sport. The three variants further come with a choice of two engine options. This includes a 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine producing 190bhp and 400Nm of torque. This engine powers the 320d Sport and 320d Luxury Line variants.
The 330i M Sport petrol variant, on the other hand, comes powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder unit. It produces 258bhp and 400Nm of torque. Both the engines on the new BMW 3 Series will come mated to an eight-speed Steptronic automatic transmission unit as standard.
The latest-generation 3 Series sedan is part of BMW's CLAR platform. This also underpins the latest generation 5 and 7 series sedan as well. With the introduction of the CLAR on the new-generation 3 Series, the sedan is now lighter than the older models. The new 3 Series also has larger overall dimensions, as well as a larger wheelbase as well.
In terms of design, the new BMW 3 Series is much sharper than the outgoing model. It features a larger signature kidney front grille, sleek LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, sharp shoulder lines and creases along the sides and a newly designed set of LED taillights as well.
Inside, the new BMW 3 Series also comes with a host of features and equipment. This includes 10.25-inch Control Display, 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, BMW ConnectedDrive technologies with Gesture control, wireless charging and Apple CarPlay among a host of others. BMW also offers the 3 Series with four driving modes: ECO PRO, Comfort, Sport & Sport+.
In terms of safety features, the new BMW 3 Series comes with six airbags, Cornering Brake Control, Dynamic Stability Control, Electric Parking Brake, side-impact protection, vehicle immobiliser, crash sensors, attentiveness assistance and ISOFIX child seat mounts.
Thoughts On The 2019 BMW 3 Series India Launch
The BMW 3 Series is the latest-generation model in the lineup. The car will be available on sale across all BMW showrooms in the country. The new BMW 3 Series will rival the likes of the Audi A4, Mercedes-Benz C-Class and the Jaguar XF in the Indian market.