- 4 min ago Ford Increases The Price Of The BS6 Endeavour For The Indian Market: Details & Specifications
- 51 min ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Interiors Spotted Ahead Of Unveil On August 15: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Prices For The New CBR1000RR-R Fireblade And Fireblade SP Will Leave You Surprised
- 3 hrs ago Kia Sonet SUV Review (First Look): Can It Replicate The Success Of its Larger Sibling In India?
- Technology How To Enable 90FPS Mode In PUBG Mobile On OnePlus Smartphones
- Movies Drishyam 2 Director Makes Big Revelation About Mohanlal’s Overgrown Beard
- Finance Govt To Create 'Social Microfinance Organisation' For Women & Small Businesses: Gadkari
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In August 2020
- Lifestyle A Nutritionist's View On Work From Home And Your Health, And A Sample Meal Plan
- Sports PUBG Mobile's Team Gun Game: Explained with tips and tricks
- News Kerala Landslide: PM Modi expresses grief at loss of lives, announces Rs 2 Lakh compensation
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
BMW has started taking off the wraps off of its next generation 1 Series, literally. The compact hatchback is closer to its global reveal than ever before. Thanks to new images published on Facebook, we get to see a near-production prototype carrying most of the final finishers.
Although most of the new BMW 1 Series hatchback is still camouflaged, it's easy to notice a couple of things.
The headlights and taillights are somewhat exposed and represent a significant change from the outgoing and aging 1 Series, giving the car a new, sleeker look that one expects from an all-new car. The hatchback appears to be larger than the outgoing model and possibly comes with a longer wheelbase.
One of the images also shows a bit of the interior of the 1 Series, and we know it features fully digital instrument cluster. BMW's entry-level car will drop the analog dials to make room for a display, however it remains to be seen whether the digital setup will be featured across the range or if it will be featured in the higher-spec cars.
In a separate teaser image released by BMW France, we catch a glimpse of another 1 Series. It could be the M135i judging by the satin mirror caps and the grille pattern, This will be the top-of-the-line model range topper as the Germany based auto giants have shot down the possibility of a fully fledged M model.
With the teasers dropping in quick succession, a full reveal is definitely around the corner. Deliveries are scheduled to commence in Europe before the end of the year, according to a statement made by BMW chairman Harald Krüger during the 99th Annual General Meeting.
The BMW 1 Series was discontinued in India in 2017. The company used to sell just one variant in the country. The 5-door, 118d Sport Line was powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-diesel engine that produced 150bhp of power and 320Nm of torque. The engine came mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission.
Thoughts About The All New BMW 1 Series
The new BMW 1 Series look really good from what we can see from the images. We wish now that BMW kept the 1 Series going in the country and that this model came to India too. What a pity.