- 43 min ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny SUV Will Not Launch In India Anytime Soon: Here’s Why
- 2 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Launch Date Confirmed For India: Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- 3 hrs ago Polarity Electric Bikes New Teaser Video Released: Launch Date On 20 September
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Introduces ‘Auto Trunk Opener’ Accessory On MY2019 Ciaz: Priced At Rs 3,390
- Finance Govt Increases Threshold On Reporting Gifts From Abroad To Rs 1 Lakh
- Technology AMD Ryzen 3 3200G Review: Affordable Best-In-Class CPU Performance
- Movies After Refusing To Promote Sye Raa, Nayanthara Agrees To Attend Bigil Audio Launch
- News Godavari boat tragedy: Death toll goes up to 12 as search ops resume
- Sports BCCI ACU chief calls for match-fixing law, legalised betting to contain corruption
- Lifestyle IIFA Rocks 2019: Katrina Kaif Owns The Green Carpet With Her Shimmering Deep Red Gown
- Education AP Grama Sachivalayam Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
German luxury car manufacturer Audi has been testing a bunch of models that are slated for a 2020 launch. The new-generation Audi A8 was unveiled a couple of years ago, followed quickly by the S8 prototype being tested at the Nurburgring circuit. According to NDTV Auto, two years later, Audi has finally unveiled the S8 performance sedan and the figures are very impressive.
The all new 2020 Audi S8 features a 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine that produces 555bhp of power and a massive 800Nm of peak torque - enough for a car that weighs 2.5 tons. In addition, it also features a 48-volt mild hybrid system for start-stop traffic conditions which helps better the fuel efficiency and performance of the vehicle.
Such insane amounts of power require insane amounts of handling, and in order to achieve this Audi has equipped the S8 with some advanced standard fitments. The new 2020 model gets predictive active suspension as standard which can raise or lower each wheel individually.
The suspension help keep the body stable by predicting road conditions. The vehicle's forward-facing cameras can sense potholes and adjust the ride height accordingly. When in the dynamic mode, the suspension limits the body roll to as low as 2.5 degrees, and this goes up to 5 degrees when in comfort mode.
Other standard fitments include the Quattro all-wheel drive, all-wheel steering, a sport differential, and carbon fiber ceramic brakes that measure 16.5-inch at the front, and 14.6-inch at the rear.
Audi is not flamboyant when it comes to design work, and the new S8 looks fairly similar to the current-generation A8. The front of the car looks a little aggressive, but there's no more drama. The rear features a quad-tailpipe set up, and the S badging. The S8 features sporty looking five-spoke alloys as well.
The interiors of the all new 2020 Audi S8 features an exclusive upper inlay made of Carbon Vector that creates a special 3D effect, a matte aluminum trim, and diamond-stitched seats with the S badge embroidered on to it. Audi says that the fully-loaded S8 will be equipped with five radars, six cameras, twelve ultrasound sensors, and a laser scanner.
Thoughts About The All New 2020 Audi S8
Those performance figures sound absolutely insane. Make that a double when one is able to test this car at the Nurburgring circuit! With figures and features like that, Audi is set to create a benchmark with the S8. Five radars, six cameras, twelve ultrasound sensors, and a laser scanner! Add some weapon systems to that and the S8 will give James Bond's Aston Martin a run for its money!