- 11 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 12 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 13 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Lottery Message Promising 25 Lakh On Whatsapp Messenger Is Fake
- Sports Rohit Sharma pats Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan for keeping Mumbai Indians in the match
- News Sonia Gandhi urges Congress-ruled states to pass laws to negate central farm acts
- Finance RBI May Hold MPC Meet As Early As Next Week
- Lifestyle World Heart Day 2020: Best Foods To Prevent The Risk Of Heart Diseases In Diabetics
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
German luxury car manufacturer Audi has been testing a bunch of models that are slated for a 2020 launch. The new-generation Audi A8 was unveiled a couple of years ago, followed quickly by the S8 prototype being tested at the Nurburgring circuit. According to NDTV Auto, two years later, Audi has finally unveiled the S8 performance sedan and the figures are very impressive.
The all new 2020 Audi S8 features a 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine that produces 555bhp of power and a massive 800Nm of peak torque - enough for a car that weighs 2.5 tons. In addition, it also features a 48-volt mild hybrid system for start-stop traffic conditions which helps better the fuel efficiency and performance of the vehicle.
Such insane amounts of power require insane amounts of handling, and in order to achieve this Audi has equipped the S8 with some advanced standard fitments. The new 2020 model gets predictive active suspension as standard which can raise or lower each wheel individually.
The suspension help keep the body stable by predicting road conditions. The vehicle's forward-facing cameras can sense potholes and adjust the ride height accordingly. When in the dynamic mode, the suspension limits the body roll to as low as 2.5 degrees, and this goes up to 5 degrees when in comfort mode.
Other standard fitments include the Quattro all-wheel drive, all-wheel steering, a sport differential, and carbon fiber ceramic brakes that measure 16.5-inch at the front, and 14.6-inch at the rear.
Audi is not flamboyant when it comes to design work, and the new S8 looks fairly similar to the current-generation A8. The front of the car looks a little aggressive, but there's no more drama. The rear features a quad-tailpipe set up, and the S badging. The S8 features sporty looking five-spoke alloys as well.
The interiors of the all new 2020 Audi S8 features an exclusive upper inlay made of Carbon Vector that creates a special 3D effect, a matte aluminum trim, and diamond-stitched seats with the S badge embroidered on to it. Audi says that the fully-loaded S8 will be equipped with five radars, six cameras, twelve ultrasound sensors, and a laser scanner.
Thoughts About The All New 2020 Audi S8
Those performance figures sound absolutely insane. Make that a double when one is able to test this car at the Nurburgring circuit! With figures and features like that, Audi is set to create a benchmark with the S8. Five radars, six cameras, twelve ultrasound sensors, and a laser scanner! Add some weapon systems to that and the S8 will give James Bond's Aston Martin a run for its money!