- 2 hrs ago New Tata Safari Arrives At Dealer Yard Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago All-New BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe M Sport (First Drive) Review
- 4 hrs ago 2020 Indian National Drag Racing Championship Results: Hemanth Muddappa Wins For The Fourth Time
- 1 day ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- Technology ESA Using Iodine Propellant System On Small Satellites To Reduce Space Debris
- Movies Godzilla vs. Kong Trailer: Massive Battle Between The Titans Will Decide Humanity's Future
- Lifestyle Karan Johar’s Stylish And Modish Outfits From Varun Dhawan’s Wedding Festivities Are Worth-Noticing!
- News Galwan Valley brave hearts to get gallantry awards on Republic Day
- Sports Mitchell Starc needs to reinvent his swing to be in the reckoning: Ricky Ponting
- Finance Union Budget 2021: Tax Incentives Expected
- Education MHT CET 2020 Round II Seat Allotment Result for B. Tech, B. Pharma To Be Out Today
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Ashok Leyland's entire range of heavy commercial vehicles is now BS-VI emissions norms compliant. The Indian commercial vehicle manufacturer has announced that all of its heavy commercial vehicles have already received BS-VI certification, making it the first commercial vehicle manufacturer with this achievement.
The Indian market is moving towards the deadline for the implementation of Bharat Stage 6 emissions norms, which is equivalent to EURO-VI. In order to make the jump from BS-IV to BS-VI, all automobile manufacturers are implementing changes in their product portfolios and are redesigning certain components of their vehicles.
In some cases, companies are dumping older engines and developing new ones. Ashok Leyland, it seems has been way ahead of the rest when it comes implementation of stricter emissions regulations.
BS-VI norms come into play on 01 April 2019, and Ashok Leyland is seven months early to the party. Ashok Leyland is one of the most-popular commercial vehicle manufacturers in the world. The Chennai-based company is the tenth largest manufacturer of trucks and fourth largest manufacturer of buses in the world.
In India, it is the second-largest commercial vehicle manufacturer. Ashok Leyland already had the BS-VI engine technologies in place. Ashok Leyland had displayed its BS-VI compatible truck at the 2016 Indian Auto Expo.
Now, it has announced that all heavy commercial vehicles are BS-VI compatible. This includes all trucks with GVW (Gross Vehicle Weight) of 16.2 Tonnes and above.
Dheeraj Hinduja, Chairman, Ashok Leyland, said, "Despite the short transition timeframe from BS IV to BS VI, we have done extensive testing and with a further 7 months to go, we are confident that our indigenous development will provide a superior and competitive solution addressing the needs of our customers. We are deeply committed to indigenous research and development addressing market needs with a relevant and customized approach."
Ashok Leyland has further stated that its range of LCVs (Light Commercial Vehicles) and ICVs (Intermediate Commercial vehicles) will soon be made BS-VI compliant.
Thoughts On Ashok leyland Becoming First CV Manufacturer With BS-VI Certification
The automotive industry in India is currently facing a slowdown and it is all but obvious that the commercial vehicle industry too is affected by it. Ashok Leyland too has been affected and the company has posted a drop of 50 percent for LCVs and 63 percent for Medium and Heavy CVs for the month of August 2019, compared to August 2018.
Despite this, the company seems positive about the recovery of the market and the increase in sales. Hence, the development of BS-VI vehicles did not stop and Ashok leyland has this achievement in its bag.