- 1 day ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 1 day ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 1 day ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 1 day ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Sports Ashes 2019: Labuschagne steps up in Smith's absence as Australia survive Archer onslaught for Lord's draw
- Movies Karan Johar Calls Out A Troll Who Mocked His Sexuality!
- News Amit Shah says Congress has "no shame" as it continues to oppose "evil practice" of triple talaq
- Technology Difference between OpenGL and DirectX12
- Lifestyle How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The three and the five-door variants of the Jeep Wrangler was spotted testing in India a few times. However, according to Overdrive, Jeep will bring the 2020 Wrangler during the festive season this year.
This new generation Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (top-end variant) will be called as the 'Moab' in the Indian market. Globally, the Wrangler Moab gets cosmetic updates which set it apart from the Jeep Rubicon, such as blacked-out alloy wheels and off-road-oriented tyres. however, the Moab gets a decal on the side of the bonnet.
Moreover, this new off-roader will be base on the newly developed JL platform, which is much lighter than the current generation's JK platform.
This will help the new Wrangler improve its approach and departure angles. The vehicle will get a ground clearance of 227mm and close to 30 inches of water fording ability.
Internationally, the Wrangler is available in two engine options. The first one is the 3.6-litre, naturally aspirated petrol engine, which pumps out 283bhp of power and 347Nm of peak torque. It comes mated to a 6-speed manual transmission.
On the other hand, the second engine option is the 2.0-litre, T-GDi, turbocharged petrol engine that churns out 271bhp of power and 400Nm. However, this one comes coupled with an 8-speed automatic transmission (AT).
It is expected for the turbocharged petrol engine to makes its way to the Indian market. However, there are chances that we may even get the 2.2-litre MultiJet II, diesel engine that produces 198.5bhp and 450 Nm of torque. Also, the engine will be paired with an 8-speed AT.
Thoughts On The New Generation Jeep Wrangler
When launched, the new generation Jeep Wrangler is expected to be around the Rs 65 - 70 lakh, ex-showroom mark. Thought the vehicle will be priced at a premium, there will be a lot of people who will want to make it a part of their garage.