- 11 hrs ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 12 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 14 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 14 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- News 17 ministers to be sworn into BSY led Karnataka govt: Full list here
- Technology OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro To Launch On September 26th In India
- Sports Vinay Kumar bids adieu to Karnataka; joins Puducherry
- Movies RIP Khayyam: Lata Mangeshkar, Javed Akhtar, PM Modi Tweet Condolence Messages
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The three and the five-door variants of the Jeep Wrangler was spotted testing in India a few times. However, according to Overdrive, Jeep will bring the 2020 Wrangler during the festive season this year.
This new generation Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (top-end variant) will be called as the 'Moab' in the Indian market. Globally, the Wrangler Moab gets cosmetic updates which set it apart from the Jeep Rubicon, such as blacked-out alloy wheels and off-road-oriented tyres. however, the Moab gets a decal on the side of the bonnet.
Moreover, this new off-roader will be base on the newly developed JL platform, which is much lighter than the current generation's JK platform.
This will help the new Wrangler improve its approach and departure angles. The vehicle will get a ground clearance of 227mm and close to 30 inches of water fording ability.
Internationally, the Wrangler is available in two engine options. The first one is the 3.6-litre, naturally aspirated petrol engine, which pumps out 283bhp of power and 347Nm of peak torque. It comes mated to a 6-speed manual transmission.
On the other hand, the second engine option is the 2.0-litre, T-GDi, turbocharged petrol engine that churns out 271bhp of power and 400Nm. However, this one comes coupled with an 8-speed automatic transmission (AT).
It is expected for the turbocharged petrol engine to makes its way to the Indian market. However, there are chances that we may even get the 2.2-litre MultiJet II, diesel engine that produces 198.5bhp and 450 Nm of torque. Also, the engine will be paired with an 8-speed AT.
Thoughts On The New Generation Jeep Wrangler
When launched, the new generation Jeep Wrangler is expected to be around the Rs 65 - 70 lakh, ex-showroom mark. Thought the vehicle will be priced at a premium, there will be a lot of people who will want to make it a part of their garage.