- 2 hrs ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 3 hrs ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 4 hrs ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 4 hrs ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Sports PKL 2019: Bengaluru Bulls humble hosts Tamil Thalaivas
- News Watch: Modi visits historic Simtoka Dzong in Bhutan, offers prayers
- Movies Ananya Pandey Got 500 Rupees From ‘Pati Patni Aur Woh’ Director For Giving A Good Shot!
- Technology Browser Extensions For Online Security
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Lifestyle Alia Bhatt Keeps It Chic And Sassy For The Prada Song Launch
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
BMW India has recently launched the new generation 7 Series and X7 in India. As soon as the 7 Series make its Indian debut, the 2020 BMW X6 coupe crossover mule has been spied testing in Gurgaon. These Spy shots have been captured by RushLane.
The third-generation BMW X6 made its global premiere earlier this month and it is surprising that the vehicle is already undergoing tests on the Indian soil. However, it is expected might go on sale in the Indian market during the festive season this year.
The new X6 underpinned the same BMW Cluster Architecture which is also seen on the X5. The previous generation X6 was big and muscular and the new X6 coupe retains the silhouette. At the front, the car features the signature kidney grille and BMW's LED headlights.
From the side, the car retains the same roofline that merges into the boot giving it an aggressive side profile. At the rear, the SUV features sleek-looking LED taillights and several design elements including faux air vents on rear fenders that makes the car look more muscular. Overall, the design of the new X6 is familiar to the previous generation one.
The cabin receives a revised BMW Live Cockpit V7.0 with iDrive. It also features a 12.3-inch instrument cluster and a touchscreen infotainment system including the automaker's voice assistant ‘Hey, BMW'. The X6 also gets wireless charging, wifi hotspot, wireless Apple CarPlay, etc.
Powering the new BMW X6 globally is a 3.0-litre, inline-six, twin-scroll turbocharged petrol engine, which pumps out 335bhp. Also, there is a 4.4-litre, V8, twin-turbocharged engine (X6 M50i) which churns out 523bhp. Both the engines come mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission. However, it is still unknown which of these engines will make its way to the Indian shores.
In terms of safety, the new X6 features Active Driving Assistant, park distance control, ABS, traction control, lane assist out of many. The new generation model is expected to be priced around Rs 1 crore ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The New Generation BMW X6
The previous generation X6 was good and was an extremely capable car as far as the drivability goes. However, with all the tweaks and updates the new-gen X6 will prove itself to be the ultimate driving machine.