- 1 day ago 2020 Hyundai Tucson Bookings Commences — All You Need To Know
- 1 day ago Hero Destini 125 BS6 Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,310
- 1 day ago Hyundai Verna Facelift Model Unveiled In Russia: India Bound Later This Year
- 1 day ago 2020 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle BS6 Models Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.39 Lakh
- News Permission for Shah’s Bengal rally being delayed says BJP
- Technology Best In-Display Fingerprint Sensor Smartphones To Buy In India Starting From Rs. 9,999
- Movies Box Office Collection Report: Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan VS Bhoot Part One: The Haunted Ship
- Sports FIH Hockey Pro League: Fighting India go down to Australia
- Lifestyle 10 Dangerous Habits That May Cause Cancer
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Finance Gold Hits 7-Year High As Caronavirus Fears Persist
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
The BMW Group in India have just launched the 2019 Mini John Cooper Works and the hatchback looks hot! The hatchback took the Completely Built Unit route into the country. Mini had launched the John Cooper Works (JCW) Pro Edition in 2017 but limited that to only 20 units.
Powering the Mini JCW is a high-performance 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine that produces a massive 228bhp of power and 320Nm of torque. The gorgeous looking hatch does 0-60kmph in 6.1 seconds thanks to the beast of an engine under the bonnet. The engine is mated to an 8-speed sports steptronic automatic transmission. There is no manual transmission in the offering in India.
Mini has made a lot changes to the Mini John Cooper Works. There are revisions to the chassis, the sports braking system, and the hatchback features a mechanical limited slip differential. The vehicle also features updated springs & dampers, and lightened suspension.
The new 2019 Mini John Cooper Works features new anti-roll bars, light weight support bearings, and triple-path strut mounts. The vehicle also features three driving modes — Sport, Comfy, and Efficiency, making the car a dream to drive anywhere outside of off-road terrain.
Not much has changed in terms of overall design. There are however, subtle changes to the face of the car, to the wheels, and the addition of the Union Jack tail lamps. The interiors feature an all-black theme and JCW sports seats.
The vehicle also features ABS, cornering ABS, Anti-Crash Technology, Electronic Stability Control, and a new fuel particulate filter. This new filter adds to the throaty sound of the exhaust note but does not affect performance of the Mini.
The new 2019 Mini John Cooper Works is priced at Rs 43.5 lakh, ex-showroom (India), and competes with the Mercedes A Class, and the Volvo V40.
Thoughts On The Mini John Cooper Works Launching In India
Finally! We have been waiting for the Mini JCW to lunch and now we trying to figure out where to test it. Stay tuned for more information once we've finished test driving this gorgeous machine that has the heart of an absolute beast!
John Cooper Works is a British company based in Hampshire. It was founded by Michael Cooper, the son of racing legend John Cooper. John Cooper was a co-founder at the Cooper Car Company, and is the grand-daddy of the rear-engined chassis design. John Cooper Works (JCW) currently manufactures tuning parts and accessories for BMW's Mini.