- 8 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 9 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 11 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 11 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- Lifestyle Rakulpreet's Latest Attire For A Movie Promotion Deserves All Your Attention
- News The Congress scored a 0 in these 16 states/UTs
- Sports Neymar, Mbappe could leave PSG, hints Tuchel
- Movies When Prabhas Talked About Anushka Shetty’s Star Power Even Before Baahubali!
- Technology Redmi K20 series price leaks ahead of launch
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Datsun has launched the 2019 Redi-GO in the Indian market with a few additional features and updates. The 2019 Redi-GO only has more features but does not come with any aesthetic or mechanical changes.
The Datsun Redi-GO debuted at the 2014 Indian Auto Expo in concept form while the launch of the production variant took place more than two years later, in June 2016. It was launched as the cheapest Datsun offering in India with an expectation that it would prove to be tough competition to mainstream small car manufacturers like Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai.
However, the Datsun Redi-GO failed to take off in the Indian market and it has since the very beginning had a poor sales record. Datsun sells just over 1,200 units every month and that is a dismal number.
However, Datsun has launched the 2019 model year update hoping that the little hatchback would do well. Design-wise, the Datsun Redi-GO remains the same, while most of the feature additions have happened under the skin and inside the cabin.
Safety has definitely improved, as the 2019 Datsun Redi-GO comes with ABS and EBD on all its variants. The single driver's side airbag though is still available only on the top-spec 'S' variant. It now also comes with a remote-controlled central locking system.
The 'A' Trim comes with power steering while other standard safety features like child safety door locks and three-point seatbelts have been carried on. The 2019 Datsun Redi-GO is still powered by the same engines.
One can choose between a 799cc or a 998cc inline-three cylinder engine. The 0.8-litre engine puts out a maximum power figure of 54bhp and a peak torque output of 72Nm. The 1.0-litre engine on the other hand produces a maximum power output of 68bhp and a peak torque output of 91Nm.
A 5-speed manual transmission is available with both engine options while a 5-speed AMT gearbox is only available with the 1.0-litre engine. Prices for the 2019 Datsun Redi-GO ranges between 2.67 lakh and 4.29 lakh.
Thoughts On 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Updated With Safety Features
The Datsun Redi-GO hasn't been doing very well in the Indian market and this is partially due to the lack of safety features. With the new 2019 Redi-GO, Datsun has made ABS a standard feature across all variants and this should make things better for the little hatchback.