- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- 1 day ago Benling Aura Electric Scooter Launching In September: Will Rival The Ather 450 In India
- 1 day ago Kia Seltos Top Features: Here Are The Key Features Available On The Kia Seltos SUV
- 1 day ago Maruti XL6 Official Accessories Launched: Gets Roof Spoiler, Carpet Mats & More!
- Sports India vs West Indies: Highlights: Rahane and Bumrah torment West Indies as India seal first Test in clinical fashion
- Movies Hrithik Roshan: Entertainment Value Of A Film Is Most Important For Me
- News Local truck driver killed in stone pelting in Kashmir’s Anantnag
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day Five: Genelia D’ Souza Gives Us The Best Showstopper Moment With This Red Lehenga
- Technology How To Add And Remove Channel Packs Using Tata Sky Mobile App
- Finance Gold Scales To Rs. 38,600 On Fed Powell Comments And Grim Trade War Outlook
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Tata Tiago JTP Spy Images Emerge: Tata Motors' upcoming hot-hatch version of the Tiago – the Tiago JTP, has been caught testing on public roads. The Tata Tiago JTP was first unveiled at Auto Expo 2018, held in February 2018. The highly-anticipated launch of the Tata hatchback will also be accompanied by its compact-sedan sibling – the Tigor JTP.
The image caught by OVERDRIVE shows a silver Tiago JTP in the midst of highway traffic. All the design elements that differentiate the Tiago JTP with the regular model i.e. front bumper, hood vent etc. have been camouflaged.
The model showcased at Auto Expo 2018 had a ‘JTP' badge on the grille, red ORVMs and a gloss black roof. The Tiago JTP that was spotted testing lacked these details; probably to make things less obvious. The wheels also seem to be different though it is not clear in the image.
Tata recently shelved their TAMO RaceMo sportscar project. This led to people thinking if the brand will also pull the plugs on the JTP product. However, the recent spotting tells otherwise. The Tiago JTP is a joint venture between Tata Motors and Coimbatore-based Jayem Automotives or JT Special Vehicles Pvt Ltd. In fact, ‘JTP' stands for Jayem Tata Performance.
The Tata Tiago JTP (Tigor JTP too) gets an embossing front bumper design with a larger fog-lamp housing, a hood vent on one side and smoked headlamps.
Coming to the side, it has a fender scoop with a ‘JTP' badge. The car also rides on 15-inch six-spoke alloy wheels.
At the rear, the Tiago JTP gets a full-spoiler compared to the split ones on the regular model. The bumper is also more aggressive and houses a dual-tip exhaust.
On the inside, the overall theme is black along with some red accents. The infotainment system is a touchscreen unit and is connected to an eight-speaker Harman audio system. Aluminium-finish pedals can also be seen.
The Tata Tiago JTP and Tigor JP are powered by a 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine. The three-cylinder unit is the same as in the Tata Nexon petrol and makes 109bhp and 150Nm of torque. It is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. The suspension is also lowered and stiffened to enhance the driving characteristics.
The Tata Tiago JTP will rival the Maruti Baleno RS, Volkswagen Polo GTi and the Abarth Punto, once it is launched. It might also be cheaper compared to its rivals.
Thoughts On The Tata Tiago JTP
The Tata Tiago JTP will be a good choice for those who are looking forward to buying an affordable hot hatch later this year. The JTP products will be Tata's first attempt in driver-focussed cars. With an expected launch timeline rumoured to be this festive season, the Tata Tiago JTP is one hatchback worth considering!