- 40 min ago Self-Balancing Electric Scooter In India: Liger Mobility Electric Scooter’s Video & Details
- 1 hr ago Mahindra XUV500 Petrol & Diesel AWD Automatic Variants Discontinued: Here’s Why
- 1 hr ago Okinawa Electric Scooter Production To Increase Soon: New Investment Of Rs 200 Crore Likely
- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Bookings To Start From 25th September: Unofficial Bookings Begun?
- News WB: Massive fire at Haldia Petrochemical's unit, 15 injured
- Movies Shivrajkumar Reacts To Ongoing Dispute Between Sudeep & Darshan Fans; 'Actors Shouldn't Be Jealous'
- Technology Vivo V17 Pro Launched in India With Dual Pop-Up Selfie Cameras
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas Proves How Confidence Can Help You Rock Any Given Bold Attire
- Finance Fiscal Deficit To Widen By Huge Margin After Corporate Tax Booster
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
- Sports PKL 2019 Preview: Puneri Paltan hope to sign off home leg with win against Bengaluru Bulls
Auto Expo 2018: Tata Nexon AMT unveiled. The new Tata Nexon AMT is expected to be launched in a couple of months with prices expected to be around Rs 30,000 more than the manual versions. The Tata Motors Nexon AMT will rival the likes of the Ford EcoSport with the automatic gearbox and the Mahindra TUV300 AMT.
Tata Nexon AMT Specifications
The new Tata Nexon features the same petrol and diesel engines found in the manual gearbox versions of the compact SUV. The 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine produces 108bhp @ 5,000rpm and 170Nm of torque @ 1,750rpm. The 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel engine cranks out 108bhp @ 3,750rpm and 260 Nm of torque @ 1,500 rpm.
Both engines will be mated to a new AMT gearbox which is based on the six-speed manual gearbox found on the regular petrol and diesel versions of the car.
The new AMT gearbox will feature a creep mode to help commuters in stop-go rush hour city traffic while more enthusiastic drivers can switch to the manual mode for more spirited driving. The new Nexon AMT from Tata Motors will also feature three driving modes - Eco, City and Sport.
Tata Nexon AMT Design & Features
In terms of design, the new Tata Nexon AMT is no different from its manual gearbox siblings. However, the new Tata Nexon AMT will be seen with a new colour option - Etna Orange - which will also make its way to the other variants of the SUV.
The new Nexon AMT will pack the same safety kit found on the regular SUV including multiple airbags and anti-lock brakes. The new Tata Nexon AMT will also get hill assist to help the SUV climb up steep inclines.
DriveSpark's Thoughts on The Unveiling Of The Tata Nexon AMT At Auto Expo 2018
The unveiling of the Tata Nexon AMT at Auto Expo 2018 was a rather quiet one as the major news at the Tata stall was the arrival of two new concepts - the H5X SUV and the 45X hatchback. However, the Nexon AMT will be more important for Tata in the near future when it arrives to take on the mighty Ford EcoSport Automatic and the Mahindra TUV 300.