- 2 hrs ago Harley-Davidson LiveWire Electric Motorcycle Teased Ahead Of Its Launch On The 27th Of August
- 6 hrs ago BMW 3 Series Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 41.40 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago New BMW 3 Series Launch Highlights: Prices Start From 41.04 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago New Maruti Suzuki XL6 MPV Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 9.79 Lakh
- News More FIPB approvals under lens as ED widens probe against Chidambaram
- Sports England Men's International Schedule 2020: England start 2020 season with Windies Test at The Oval
- Movies Ranveer Singh Wishes To Be The Champion Of Hindi Film Industry! Here’s Why
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day One: Inclusivity Was Promoted With This Body Positive Fashion Show
- Technology Epson M1120 Review: Decent InkTank Printer With Lower Printing Costs
- Finance Parle To Lay Off Upto 10,000 Employees As Demand Falls
- Education KMAT Result 2019 Released: Explore What After Result
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Maruti Suzuki launched the second-generation Ertiga MPV at Rs 7.44 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Maruti Ertiga brings a lot of improvements over the previous model, both in terms of size and equipment. In fact, the 2018 Maruti Ertiga is much larger than the old model, while still being a compact seven-seater. Check out our comparison between the new Ertiga and the old Ertiga to know more.
The new Maruti Ertiga is 4395mm long, 1735mm wide and 1690mm tall. To put it in simple terms, the 2018 Ertiga is 99mm longer, 40mm wider and 5mm taller than its first generation. These dimensions translate to a better interior space while still remaining small compared to a conventional seven-seater MPV. Know more facts and figures of the all-new Ertiga, here.
The third-row seat of a seven-seater is often neglected in terms of comfort and convenience, and is there just for a namesake. However, in the Ertiga, the engineers have managed to give a sufficient amount of legroom for third-row passengers (even though not the best), thanks to the carefully-planned chassis construction.
Furthermore, the middle-row bench of the new Maruti Ertiga can be slid forward for extra third-row space. For added practicality, the reclinable third-row bench can be split-folded in 50:50 ratio, while the middle-row gets a 60:40 split.
To get a clearer image, read the detailed comparison between the Maruti Ertiga, plus the Mahindra Marazzo and Toyota Innova Crysta.
With both the rows up, the boot space of the 2018 Maruti Ertiga stands at 209 litres.This can be extended to 550 litres if the last row is folded, or 803 litres, if both rows are folded.
Underpinning the new Ertiga is Suzuki's HEARTECT platform; the same found in the Maruti Swift and also many other global Suzuki car models. The architecture not only has improved ridigity, but also weighs much lesser.
The new Maruti Ertiga is available in both petrol and diesel formats (even a CNG version is coming). The new 1.5-litre petrol engine is a mild-hybrid unit which makes 105bhp and 138Nm of torque, and comes mated to a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic transmission.
The 1.3-litre diesel engine does its duty in many other Maruti models and produces a healthy 90bhp and 200Nm of torque. As of now, it is available only in a five-speed manual format while an AMT version is reportedly on its way.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Ertiga
The new Maruti Ertiga is certainly a good option for bigger families. While it has space for all, it doesn't need much space for its own; thus making it an ideal buy for the city traffic and parking conditions. In addition to this, the 2018 Ertiga can be a cheaper alternative to the likes of the Mahindra Marazzo and Toyota Innova.