- 7 hrs ago Kia Motors Considering Five New Cars For The Indian Market: Including Two Electric Vehicles
- 8 hrs ago Tata Motors Pro Edition Cars Launched: Pro Edition Harrier, Nexon, Tiago, Tigor & Hexa Introduced
- 8 hrs ago New Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 10 hrs ago Himachal Pradesh To Go 100 Percent Electric By 2030 Says State Government
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 101: UP Yoddha Vs Tamil Thalaivas: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Movies CONTROVERSIAL: Urvashi Rautela Breaks Silence On Her ‘INAPPROPRIATE VIDEO’ With Boney Kapoor
- Technology Redmi 8A Price In India Leaks Ahead Of Launch
- News US visit will present India as global leader: PM Modi
- Lifestyle 10 Foods Parents Should Avoid Giving Their Babies In The First Year
- Finance Gold Prices Continue To Fall In India Even As Prices Climb Globally
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
New Maruti Ertiga launched in India. Maruti Suzuki has finally launched the new Ertiga at a starting price of Rs 7.44 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). Bookings for the new Ertiga MPV already began last week for an amount of Rs 11,000.
The new Maruti Ertiga is available in ten variants: four petrol (LXi, VXi, ZXi and ZXi+), four diesel (LDi, VDi, ZDi and ZDi+) and two petrol AT trims (VXi AT and ZXi AT). As mentioned before, the starting price of the new Maruti Ertiga is Rs 7.44 lakh while the top-end variant is priced at Rs 10.90 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new-gen Maruti Ertiga is based on the company's HEARTECT platform. The Ertiga is now longer, wider and lighter than the previous generation model.
The overall dimensions of the new Maruti Ertiga: 4,395mm in length, 1,735mm in width and 1,690mm in height. The wheelbase remains the same at 2,740mm while the ground clearance has been reduced to 180mm.
The new Maruti Ertiga comes with a completely refreshed design update, along with a host of additional features and equipment compared to the previous generation model. The MPV now comes with sharper and more defined lines, giving it a more premium feel.
The front of the new Ertiga MPV features projector headlamps, LED DRLs, a refreshed grille design, sporty bumpers and fog lamps. The sides of the MPV comes with 16-inch alloy wheels, sharp character lines along the door handles and a floating roof, similar to that on the Swift.
The rear of the new Ertiga gets a set of vertically-stacked wraparound tail lights. Overall the design of the new Maruti Ertiga feels more premium and upmarket compared to the previous-generation model.
Moving to the inside, the new Maruti Ertiga will come with premium quality dual-tone interiors, increased cabin space and an overall more upmarket feel.
The dashboard will get faux wood inserts and the new MPV will now feature a new touchscreen infotainment system, with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Other features also include steering-mounted controls and roof-mounted AC vents for the second and third-row passengers.
Safety features on the new Maruti Ertiga: airbags, ABS, reverse parking cameras, speed alerts, seat-belt reminder and ISOFIX child-seat mounts.
The new Maruti Ertiga MPV will come powered by two engine options: 1.5-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel power units. The 1.5-litre K-Series petrol engine is a brand new power unit, first seen on the updated Ciaz sedan. It replaces the older 1.4-litre engine.
The new petrol engine produces 103bhp and 138Nm of torque and will be mated to either a five-speed manual or four-speed automatic gearbox. The petrol engine will further come mated to Maruti's SHVS mild-hybrid technology.
The diesel engine, on the other hand, is the same 1.3-litre DDiS unit as seen on most other Maruti products. However, Maruti will now offer a mild-hybrid system on the diesel unit as well. The 1.3-litre unit produces 89bhp and 200Nm of torque and will be mated to a standard five-speed manual. There is no option for a diesel AMT for the new Ertiga as of now.
The new Ertiga MPV is also available in a range of five colours including the new Pearl Metallic Auburn Red. Other standard paint schemes include Metallic Magma Grey, Pearl Metallic Oxford Blue, Pearl Arctic White and Metallic Silky Grey.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Ertiga MPV
The new Maruti Ertiga MPV has finally launched in the Indian market. The MPV now offers a more premium and upmarket feel, with a host of features and equipment. The new Maruti Ertiga will rival the likes of the recently launched Mahindra Marazzo and the Toyota Innova Crysta in the MPV segment.