- 11 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India For April 2019 — Hero MotoCorp Receives Stiff Competition From Honda
- 12 hrs ago Ducati Reveals Super Soco CUx Electric Scooter — A Piece Of MotoGP
- 12 hrs ago Royal Enfield 650 Twins Sales Figures Cross 2000 Units A Month
- 12 hrs ago Triumph To Manufacture Electric Motorcycles — Announces Project Triumph TE-1
- Technology ARM breaks up with Huawei: Is this the end of Huawei?
- News Lok Sabha Election Results 2019 LIVE: Who will win 'Game of thrones'? Narendra Modi vs Rahul Gandhi
- Sports England have no margin for error at World Cup, warns Stokes
- Lifestyle 10 Effective Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure Hypotension
- Movies Harshad Chopda & Jennifer Winget Reveal Their Relationship Status & What they Hate About Each Other!
- Education TS Inter Re-verification Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On May 27
- Finance Air India To Add Flights To Domestic And International Routes In June
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki has launched the new 2018 Ciaz facelift in the Indian market with a starting price of Rs 8.19 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Maruti Ciaz facelift features a new front fascia and a new 1.5-litre petrol engine with smart hybrid system. So, what is the difference between the new Maruti Ciaz 2018 and the old Ciaz? Let's find out.
The new Maruti Ciaz looks more premium and upmarket as compared to the old Ciaz. The Ciaz facelift features a redesigned front grille, revamped bumpers, slightly reworked headlight design with LED projector lights and LED daytime running lights, LED fog lights and silver accents on the fog lamp housing.
The side profile of the new 2018 Maruti Ciaz does not receive any major changes except for the new 15-inch alloy wheels. Coming to the rear profile, the Ciaz facelift will get a reworked tail light cluster and a sporty bumper. Apart from that, all the design elements will remain the same as the old Ciaz.
The interior of the new Maruti Ciaz 2018 will remain the same as the old Ciaz. The overall dashboard design is similar to the old Ciaz except for the leather seat upholstery and new steering wheel. The dashboard and doors get faux wooden inserts.
The new Maruti Ciaz 2018 will be equipped with several new features as compared to the outgoing model. The new Ciaz will be offered with features such as projector headlamps, LED DRLs, LED tail lights, 15-inch alloy wheels and much more.
The interior of the sedan will be equipped with features such as automatic climate control, engine start/stop button, multifunction steering wheel, keyless entry and leather seat upholstery.
The standard safety features of the new Maruti Ciaz include dual airbags, ABS, speed alert system, seatbelt warning for driver and front passenger and reverse parking sensors.
The top-spec model will feature six airbags, ISOFIX child seat mounts, electronic stability control and hill-hold assist.
Engine Specifications And Mileage
The new Maruti Ciaz facelift will draw power from an all-new 1.5-litre petrol engine which will replace the 1.4-litre engine. The new 1.5-litre petrol unit produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic gearbox.
The diesel variant of the new Maruti Ciaz will feature the same 1.3-litre engine that produces 88bhp and 200Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox. Both the petrol and diesel engine will feature SHVS smart hybrid system. The Ciaz will be the first car to feature a petrol-mild hybrid engine.
The petrol engine will return a ARAI certified mileage of 21.56km/l for the manual variant and 20.28km/l for the automatic variant. The diesel engine is will return a mileage of 24km/l.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Ciaz 2018
Maruti Suzuki has finally launched new facelifted Ciaz in the Indian market. The new Ciaz will be a crucial product for Maruti Suzuki as the company is aiming to strengthen its position in the premium sedan segment. The new Ciaz also becomes the first petrol car to get smart hybrid system. The updated sedan will rival the likes of Honda City, Hyundai Verna and Toyota Yaris.