- 1 hr ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 3 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 3 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 4 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
2018 Maruti Ciaz facelift launched in India: Maruti Suzuki has launched the new 2018 Ciaz facelift in the Indian market. The Maruti Ciaz facelift in launched in the country with a starting price of Rs 8.19 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Ciaz features a redesigned front fascia and also gets a new petrol engine with smart hybrid system.
Variants And Price
The 2018 Maruti Ciaz facelift in available in four variants: Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. The base Sigma petrol model is priced at Rs 8.19 lakh and the top-spec Alpha diesel trim is priced at Rs 10.97 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). Below is the detailed pricing of the new Maruti Ciaz.
|Variant ||Petrol ||Diesel |
|Sigma||Rs 8,19,000||Rs 9,19,000|
|Delta||Rs 8,80,000||Rs 9,80,000|
|Delta AT||Rs 9,80,000||NA |
|Zeta||Rs 9,57,000||Rs 10,57,000|
|Zeta AT||Rs 10,57,000||NA |
|Alpha||Rs 9,97,000||Rs 10,97,000|
|Alpha AT||Rs 10,97,000||NA |
Note – All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new 2018 Maruti Ciaz facelift features a revamped front fascia as compared to the outgoing model. The new Ciaz features a redesigned multipixel grille with chrome strip, slightly reworked headlamps with LED projector lights and LED DRLs, LED fog lamps, silver accents on the fog lamp housing and a new sporty looking bumper.
The side profile of the new Maruti Ciaz facelift does not get any major changes except for the new 16-inch alloy wheels. The rear end of the updated sedan features a slightly revamped tail light cluster with new LED elements and a newly designed bumper.
The 2018 Maruti Ciaz facelift is available in seven colour options:Nexa Blue, Metallic Magma grey, Pearl Midnight Black, Pearl Sangria Red, Pearl Metallic Dignity Brown, Metallic Premium Silver and Pearl Snow White.
Interior And Features
The overall design of the interior of the Maruti Ciaz facelift remains identical to the outgoing model. The only difference is the wooden inserts on the dashboard and door trims, new steering wheel and new seat upholstery.
The interior is equipped with the same touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and Suzuki Connect telematics system. Other changes include a new colour for the instrument cluster with TFT colour MID and cruise control.
The new Maruti Ciaz will be equipped with standard safety features such as dual front airbags, ABS, Speed Alert System, seat belt warning for driver and passenger and reverse parking sensors. The top-spec trim also features six airbags, electronic stability control and hill-hold assist.
Engine And Specifications
The petrol version of the new Maruti Ciaz facelift draws power from an all-new 1.5-litre petrol engine producing 103bhp and 138Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic gearbox.
The petrol engine also features SHVS smart hybrid technology which now also comes with a lithium-ion battery to store the energy generated during regenerative braking.
The diesel variant of the facelifted Maruti Ciaz utilises the same 1.3-litre engine that produces 88bhp and 200Nm of torque. The engine will be paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox. The diesel unit also gets SHVS mild hybrid technology.
The Ciaz is the first sedan to get a petrol-hybrid engine which improves the fuel economy. The petrol variant of the new Ciaz will return a ARAI certified mileage of 21.56km/l for the manual model and 20.28km.l for the automatic variant. The diesel engine will return a mileage of 24km/l.
Thoughts On The 2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift
The new 2018 Maruti Ciaz facelift features a new front end which is more upmarket and premium as compared to the outgoing model. The prominent highlight of the new Ciaz is the new 1.5-litre petrol engine with smart hybrid system. The new Ciaz will rival the likes of Honda City, Toyota Yaris and Hyundai Verna.